COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning all,
As you can imagine our TV programmes are full of the Life of the Queen as I'm sure many of your TV channels are. I hope this helps you start your day with a smile.
I think this shows her softer side and sense of humour as she celebrated her 70th Jubilee

Happy Friday
Here we go again 🤣

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well we had a scare the other day. Rose was having problems with her balance and dizziness. That can happen with her because she has Menieres disease and Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.(BPPV)
But the methods we do when she has a episode didn't work. So we took her to the hospital and they admitted her. The next day they did a MRI and a MRA. They were looking for a possible stroke. So we were waiting for the results and a PA came in and said they were having another doctor look at the results. So a day of worrying with no answers. Finally the doctor came in around 11am today and said everything is fine and you can go home. She is still a little dizzy but it will be great to have her home.
Here is the kicker, she had a 10 day cruise to Greece and Turkey planned with her girlfriends. The flight left today at noon. 😩 I feel so sorry because she had to miss it.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well we had a scare the other day. Rose was having problems with her balance and dizziness. That can happen with her because she has Menieres disease and Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.(BPPV)
But the methods we do when she has a episode didn't work. So we took her to the hospital and they admitted her. The next day they did a MRI and a MRA. They were looking for a possible stroke. So we were waiting for the results and a PA came in and said they were having another doctor look at the results. So a day of worrying with no answers. Finally the doctor came in around 11am today and said everything is fine and you can go home. She is still a little dizzy but it will be great to have her home.
Here is the kicker, she had a 10 day cruise to Greece and Turkey planned with her girlfriends. The flight left today at noon. 😩 I feel so sorry because she had to miss it.
But I'm glad she's ok & got checked out. Could she catch up with her friends by meeting them at a port where the cruise ship is tying up for the day or night?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh what a shame for Rose, so sorry she's had to miss that trip. Any chance she can fly out and join it somewhere? Mind you if she's not 100% and still dizzy they may not let her fly (I don't really know if that is possible as I haven't flown anywhere for years).
I'm really pleased they're letting her home. Get well soon Rose!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
she has Menieres disease and Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.(
All I saw was someone with all this stuff had a CRUISE scheduled! Way to go Rose!

Can I joke about being "dizzy"? ok, that was bad. I've heard the symptoms resemble migraine x3 + noise....does she get breathing issues too?

Sorry that it came crashing down but what a lady! I don't know you guys' situation Ray, only that you guys seem to tackle things with grace and humor.

I went out my little deck today, the one off my bedroom and heard a crack and instantly flattened against the glass sunroom that adjoins the deck on one side.....you do that when you live with big oaks (no point in looking up....you won't have time to react by then, even if it comes from the top at 10 stories). LOL

Then I looked up....at first I didn't see what happened......

20220915_175229.jpg

Then I saw it...a Y shaped branch fell into another branch and it had "caught" the Y shaped branch, keeping it from falling on me below .....an audible "whew" was heard when the dots finally connected in my brain!
20220915_175129.jpg

Granted, it's only 1-1/2" in dia. so it probably wouldn't have been lethal but man that woulda hurt!

Now I have a dead-fall trap.....best stay off that deck till the winds blow up!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... I've been getting visitors every day all day. And I started thinking where in the world is Lizzy's purse when you need it and her guards and stuff 😜 😁😁😁 I wouldn't have had to be so rude 😃 well I did try to be nice about it.but did say just go home I have stuff to do.😜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
All I saw was someone with all this stuff had a CRUISE scheduled! Way to go Rose!

Can I joke about being "dizzy"? ok, that was bad. I've heard the symptoms resemble migraine x3 + noise....does she get breathing issues too?

Sorry that it came crashing down but what a lady! I don't know you guys' situation Ray, only that you guys seem to tackle things with grace and humor.

I went out my little deck today, the one off my bedroom and heard a crack and instantly flattened against the glass sunroom that adjoins the deck on one side.....you do that when you live with big oaks (no point in looking up....you won't have time to react by then, even if it comes from the top at 10 stories). LOL

View attachment 349956

Then I saw it...a Y shaped branch fell into another branch and it had "caught" the Y shaped branch, keeping it from falling on me below .....an audible "whew" was heard when the dots finally connected in my brain!
View attachment 349957

Granted, it's only 1-1/2" in dia. so it probably wouldn't have been lethal but man that woulda hurt!

I'm so glad that limb didn't make you sillier ☺️ it could have. My sister is recovering from a limb ( smaller in diameter) that a family dog was playing with. It stabbed her in her leg and it's been really hard for the wound to heal.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm glad Rose isn't sick and sad she missed her trip but glad she's home with you 😘🌈🙏😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
But I'm glad she's ok & got checked out. Could she catch up with her friends by meeting them at a port where the cruise ship is tying up for the day or night?
She is going to see how she feels tomorrow. Then call the travel agent to see if there is something we can do. It will depend on how she feels.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh what a shame for Rose, so sorry she's had to miss that trip. Any chance she can fly out and join it somewhere? Mind you if she's not 100% and still dizzy they may not let her fly (I don't really know if that is possible as I haven't flown anywhere for years).
I'm really pleased they're letting her home. Get well soon Rose!
Thanks Lyn, Rose is feeling much better. Her balance is back and not much dizziness. They did notice her blood pressure was on the high side. So we will go to our family physician for that. The ship doesn't leave port in Greece until the 18th. She will see if she can get there, if she feels good enough.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

View attachment 349956

View attachment 349957

She doesn't have any breathing problems when she has a episode. In Nov 2015 driving back to Florida from Michigan. We had a 1 vehicle rollover on I75 in Georgia. I was in a coma for 3 months and ended up a double amputee. Right leg above the knee and right hand and part of the forearm. Many other injuries also, Rose hand a head injury and fractured vertebraes in her neck. That's what is causing the BPPV. So that's a short version of our story. But I have found humor helps me deal with it. That's why I enjoy your posts.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I hope it does Ray, we all do!

The PG County "Blue-lights" are at the 7-11 next door, again. 3-4 suvs, but no tape so maybe just someone a bit intoxicated. The tape goes up when a shot has been fired from what I've seen. A dozen times in 5-6 yrs.....thank God no one has hit anyone in the time I've been here. The County recently instituted a curfew...they really had to, businesses demanded it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope it does Ray, we all do!

The PG County "Blue-lights" are at the 7-11 next door, again. 3-4 suvs, but no tape so maybe just someone a bit intoxicated. The tape goes up when a shot has been fired from what I've seen. A dozen times in 5-6 yrs.....thank God no one has hit anyone in the time I've been here. The County recently instituted a curfew...they really had to, businesses demanded it.
At least with my nasty neighbours I don't have to worry about shots being fired - I can't promise that they won't have to worry about the same from me though next time they cut my trees! ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Lyn, Rose is feeling much better. Her balance is back and not much dizziness. They did notice her blood pressure was on the high side. So we will go to our family physician for that. The ship doesn't leave port in Greece until the 18th. She will see if she can get there, if she feels good enough.
I hope it all works out for her. I love Greece - so much ancient history.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all,
Another bright and sunny day here.
Our new King isn't too far away from me today 👑
He's on the Welsh leg of his tour of the 4 nations of the UK, but with my gammy hammy leg I didn't think I'd be able to walk as far I'd have to, or stand too long, so watching it on TV. He's had to give his speeches in both the English and Welsh language, but he's given it his best shot. I've been hoping the Welsh nationalists wouldn't turn up to shout and boo at him - maybe they're waiting for William's visit - they don't want a Prince of Wales.

We've been given an extra bank holiday for the Queens funeral on Monday so it will be a long weekend for most people in the UK.

The new date for my op is the10th October so not too long - and I still have the option of postponing again if I don't think my hamstring has healed enough. Fingers crossed it will be much better by then🤞

I hope you all have a good day.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Autumnal weather is here, BUT the next 5-6 days sees us going back over the 90F marker, or there abouts. A full ten degrees above normal. But, overnight temps are great, below 60, and feeling good. Sooooo, it’s outdoor project time. Our outdoor shed doors are taking a beating & it’s time to replace. Yesterday we picked up a full sheet of exterior plywood, a few pieces of trim, a box of screws. Time to work on the door.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Autumnal weather is here, BUT the next 5-6 days sees us going back over the 90F marker, or there abouts. A full ten degrees above normal. But, overnight temps are great, below 60, and feeling good. Sooooo, it’s outdoor project time. Our outdoor shed doors are taking a beating & it’s time to replace. Yesterday we picked up a full sheet of exterior plywood, a few pieces of trim, a box of screws. Time to work on the door.
Sounds like an open and shut case to me. ;)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We are finally getting some nice weather for Sapphire. It's been so cold even during the day, he's not really gotten outside for very long for several days. It stayed nice and hot in the sun (a little above a 100°f or so) and a comfortable 80ish° f in the air today. Here's hoping we get a few more.🙏🤗