COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Three days to knee op!
I'm giving the house a good clean this weekend - mainly so that I don't have to worry too much about it while I'm recovering and partly in case I don't recover from the anaesthetic and the family have to sort it out - it will look fine - as long as they don't open the cupboards!!! 😲
(I'm not really worried about that, it's just one of the side effects the consultant mentioned :))

Time for me to hit the hay. I woke at 5 30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so it's been a long old day. So Nos Da from me, enjoy your afternoon/evening!
I'll be hoping and praying for days on end πŸ™πŸ€— Monday is the big day right. It'll be good to get it done but you still have to get through recovering.. That's the hardest part.😊

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'll be hoping and praying for days on end πŸ™πŸ€— Monday is the big day right. It'll be good to get it done but you still have to get through recovering.. That's the hardest part.😊
Thanks Cathie, I'll just it as an excuse to sleep lots!!!😴
I can't stay too long tonight the last few times I've been on the forum I get a McAfee security alert saying its high risk and my computer is under threat. I don't know if hackers have got at TFO but I'd better sign off.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can't stay too long tonight the last few times I've been on the forum I get a McAfee security alert saying its high risk and my computer is under threat. I don't know if hackers have got at TFO but I'd better sign off.
Hackers say those kinda of things too here on my computer and devices and try to say they are McAfee or another business. Maybe they are even within the business.. I know what they are saying is not true. So I find the phone number for customer service and call the business instead of following the link to see what's up. I've even had things go on from Microsoft. But supposedly Microsoft didn't do it πŸ˜‰ it's awful funny that when I called them about a problem with an email address of mine the problem magically disappeared immediately.πŸ˜‰ whatever

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
We had a service man on our roof yesterday. Rose heard someone yelling so she went outside to check it out.
Opo had knocked the ladder down and the poor guy couldn't get off the roof. 🀣
When I looked at the situation, Opo must have come at the ladder from the side. The ladder must have fallen back towards Opo. I am glad Opo didn't get hit by the ladder.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We had a service man on our roof yesterday. Rose heard someone yelling so she went outside to check it out.
When I looked at the situation, Opo must have come at the ladder from the side. The ladder must have fallen back towards Opo. I am glad Opo didn't get hit by the ladder.
Good job you were home Ray! The poor man could have been up there for hours!! Imagine him trying to explain that to his boss!! :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Amen to that that Opo didn't get knocked on his shell. I'm pretty sure his head would be ducked in by then though and holding his breath for dear life.πŸ˜‰ but wow. It's so easy for them to get hurt over such a simple thing. Why didn't the guy just text you or something though? I know I wouldn't get on a roof with no cell.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good job you were home Ray! The poor man could have been up there for hours!! Imagine him trying to explain that to his boss!! :D
Yea around here he would have a perfect excuse for slacking around on the roof all day. He could say " No one could hear me" and he'd be telling the truth.πŸ˜‰

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Amen to that that Opo didn't get knocked on his shell. I'm pretty sure his head would be ducked in by then though and holding his breath for dear life.πŸ˜‰ but wow. It's so easy for them to get hurt over such a simple thing. Why didn't the guy just text you or something though? I know I wouldn't get on a roof with no cell.
Not sure he had my number. But his boss was there in the garage. He could have called him. If he had his phone. The boss was making noise with a power tool. So obviously he didn't hear him. Not sure how long he was up there. Rose was telling me today, that he said Opo was hitting the ladder while he was climbing the ladder. Good thing we only have a single story house. Now I know that I will have to keep a eye πŸ‘ on Opo. If ladders are going to be used in the backyard.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Last week Opo managed to crawl into a tomato cage and couldn't back out. Have no idea how long he was like that. He had to get pass the barrier that guards the plants. Knock over the cage and crawl in. He was walking around the yard with the 4 legs sticking forward. Like he was a quad threat jouster. I had to cut him out. Where he was the ground was soft. So my power chair got stuck. Had to get out of my chair, so now I am on the ground in the soft dirt. After getting some plywood under the wheels. All the time Rose is scolding me for going in that area. Finally got it unstuck and went straight to the shower.
🀣
Screenshot_20220921-142523_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Not sure he had my number. But his boss was there in the garage. He could have called him. If he had his phone. The boss was making noise with a power tool. So obviously he didn't hear him. Not sure how long he was up there. Rose was telling me today, that he said Opo was hitting the ladder while he was climbing the ladder. Good thing we only have a single story house. Now I know that I will have to keep a eye πŸ‘ on Opo. If ladders are going to be used in the backyard.
Yes. And glad you got to see the situation with no harm done. Now you know what orders to give. When you hire someone you are the best boss 😊 I still think that was pretty silly to get on a roof without a cell phone in your pocket. But I'm old.what do I knowπŸ˜‰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Last week Opo managed to crawl into a tomato cage and couldn't back out. Have no idea how long he was like that. He had to get pass the barrier that guards the plants. Knock over the cage and crawl in. He was walking around the yard with the 4 legs sticking forward. Like he was a quad threat jouster. I had to cut him out. Where he was the ground was soft. So my power chair got stuck. Had to get out of my chair, so now I am on the ground in the soft dirt. After getting some plywood under the wheels. All the time Rose is scolding me for going in that area. Finally got it unstuck and went straight to the shower.
🀣
View attachment 350678
I'm so sorry 😁😁😁😁😁🀣🀣🀣🀣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's downright spooky πŸ‘€ Joe painted a picture 😁 I promise I didn't tell him about our conversation here. Ok which one of you has been communicating with my brother telepathically 😊IMG_20221009_195914585.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's downright spooky πŸ‘€ Joe painted a picture 😁 I promise I didn't tell him about our conversation here. Ok which one of you has been communicating with my brother telepathically 😊View attachment 350680
That's crazy his theme is mushrooms. When we were just talking about them.🀣

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well, I see Ray had lots of fun this weekend, good for you Brother(snickering)....isn't that that
he was a quad threat jouster
That is just too funny!

Someone has surgery today?.....good luck Lyn

I went over to Kerry..and we took a walk Fri evening....the crop duster was still out, the plane is really striking looking but I was unable to get a clear pic showing it's color since it was after 6PM20221007_180934.jpg
20221007_182753_HDR.jpg
The Maples turn color from the top down;
20221009_101149_HDR.jpg

Great weekend, NO WORK...LOL even though I didn't have the kind of fun Ray did....something just "special" about having the love of your life in your ear the entire time you are trying to rectify a situation, isn't it? I speak of what I know, or is that I know of what I speak?

We went up at 8am to the Chestertown barbershop. Kerry was going to run over and pick up eggs, ok baby, leaving my phone here then. I walked in, no waiting, got it cut then waited 15min, no kerry....I walk 1/2 to the Grocery store and survey the parking lot, no truck-no kerry....walk back to barbershop, no kerry....ok, she lives 4 miles or so but I'm freezing and God knows what ADD-lady is up to<LOL> ....so off I go. I crossed a College Town campus, a river, 3 mountain ranges(it's really dead flat over there)...got to w/i 400yds of home when she rolls in next to me. "Want a ride"? Without saying a single word and w/o a glare, I get in.....The love of my life, begins: "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah-blah, blah blah blah".......we pull into the driveway, she stops to breath and I reply "Are you done being the victim honey, cause I'm feeling the agony of de-feet"? She cracked up and instantly, I was the hero for remaining so calm.

I never got mad, I never raised my voice.....that's some Superman stuff there folks......and she KNEW it.....LOL I love seeing that look in her eyes, they sparkle.

Shhh, don't tell her this part.....honesty, at mile-1, I might have ended her life with violence, by mile 4, I was tuckered out and just wanted to get home...the anger was long gone....LOL

My oldest daughter come over in the afternoon with her new boyfriend and his 11 y/o daughter. He's a prince of a man and his daughter was a treat. We took them on the scooters and she had never done it before... but she did great. Kerry and I even taught her to skip stones at the water. Her dad is handicapped but he even have the scooter a try.....I was scared to DEATH.....he's pretty wonky so it looked pretty scary as he zipped up the street headed for oblivion wobbling badly.....thankfully, the hand of God intervened and caused him to slow....we didn't do that again, Dad didn't want to be responsible for his death! That wouldn' have been good!

Good luck again Miss Lyn.....hope it goes better than you envision!!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
All best wishes - your op is probably over by now - I hope all is going well, and that you will very soon be feeling a lot better
Angie xx

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's crazy his theme is mushrooms. When we were just talking about them.🀣
I love it. The same thing happened with my son when we were discussing little rolly polly bugs on here. The next day my son(not a member) was so excited to tell me when he visited me that they are an animal, He even forgot to say hello first 😁 the first thing he said was Mom! Did you know the rolly pollys are an animal???. And well I had to admit I didn't but I do now πŸ˜πŸ‘. I thought they were some kind of a centipede and actually posted that here 😁😜 then I got to thinking ok TFO strikes again. πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ˜œ

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, I see Ray had lots of fun this weekend, good for you Brother(snickering)....isn't that that

That is just too funny!

Someone has surgery today?.....good luck Lyn

I went over to Kerry..and we took a walk Fri evening....the crop duster was still out, the plane is really striking looking but I was unable to get a clear pic showing it's color since it was after 6PMView attachment 350686
View attachment 350687
The Maples turn color from the top down;
View attachment 350688

Great weekend, NO WORK...LOL even though I didn't have the kind of fun Ray did....something just "special" about having the love of your life in your ear the entire time you are trying to rectify a situation, isn't it? I speak of what I know, or is that I know of what I speak?

We went up at 8am to the Chestertown barbershop. Kerry was going to run over and pick up eggs, ok baby, leaving my phone here then. I walked in, no waiting, got it cut then waited 15min, no kerry....I walk 1/2 to the Grocery store and survey the parking lot, no truck-no kerry....walk back to barbershop, no kerry....ok, she lives 4 miles or so but I'm freezing and God knows what ADD-lady is up to<LOL> ....so off I go. I crossed a College Town campus, a river, 3 mountain ranges(it's really dead flat over there)...got to w/i 400yds of home when she rolls in next to me. "Want a ride"? Without saying a single word and w/o a glare, I get in.....The love of my life, begins: "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah-blah, blah blah blah".......we pull into the driveway, she stops to breath and I reply "Are you done being the victim honey, cause I'm feeling the agony of de-feet"? She cracked up and instantly, I was the hero for remaining so calm.

I never got mad, I never raised my voice.....that's some Superman stuff there folks......and she KNEW it.....LOL I love seeing that look in her eyes, they sparkle.

Shhh, don't tell her this part.....honesty, at mile-1, I might have ended her life with violence, by mile 4, I was tuckered out and just wanted to get home...the anger was long gone....LOL

My oldest daughter come over in the afternoon with her new boyfriend and his 11 y/o daughter. He's a prince of a man and his daughter was a treat. We took them on the scooters and she had never done it before... but she did great. Kerry and I even taught her to skip stones at the water. Her dad is handicapped but he even have the scooter a try.....I was scared to DEATH.....he's pretty wonky so it looked pretty scary as he zipped up the street headed for oblivion wobbling badly.....thankfully, the hand of God intervened and caused him to slow....we didn't do that again, Dad didn't want to be responsible for his death! That wouldn' have been good!

Good luck again Miss Lyn.....hope it goes better than you envision!!
Wow 😳 that's just too much like around here πŸ˜‚ but I see you made it 😜