COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I get that. After a couple decades of recurring bouts with major depression, I'm finally starting to get used to NOT being depressed. (You guys get part of the credit there, I think...) I'm trying to establish a new (revised) baseline for myself, without meds, and gradually add back in any med(s) I actually need at this point, one at a time.

That being said, I'm making all sorts of discoveries lately (good and bad). Like my pain threshold having DECREASED due to one of the meds no longer being in my system. :eek: Sheesh. I'm too young to be experiencing these kinds of aches and pains... or at least to be experiencing them, unmitigated!
I agree with the support I get from the members here. I was going to a amputee support group. Maybe I should return.
What ever med you were on that helped with pain. I would get back on. I feel that's what contributes to some of my depression is the pain.
Good luck with your baseline adjustment.
After therapy yesterday I am sitting here in bed suffering :).
It even hurts when I blink my eyes o_O
Well like they say..... No pain No gain!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I agree with the support I get from the members here. I was going to a amputee support group. Maybe I should return.
What ever med you were on that helped with pain. I would get back on. I feel that's what contributes to some of my depression is the pain.
Good luck with your baseline adjustment.
After therapy yesterday I am sitting here in bed suffering :).
It even hurts when I blink my eyes o_O
Well like they say..... No pain No gain!

Hang in there Ray! Keep on trukin.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, I can totally relate. I think it is because the pains from therapy you know will subside sooner or later, however the daily pains are there consistently and are never ending. A person gets tired of them and it is a battle because you are constantly fighting them. I have never understood and yet have also understood it when someone says that they get used to the pain. Personally I have found it very tiring and depressing having to fight daily pain, have never gotten used to it BUT at the same time have gotten used to it. If you can understand what I am trying to say. I know it does not make any sense whatsoever, but go figure, no-one ever said I was totally sane.!!:rolleyes:
Oh yeah I understand. I have been living with constant pain with lower back and arthritis in my ankles( at this time ankle :)). Since my early 30's. But my pain threshold was high. So I got used to it. I thought I was being tough not letting the pain slow me down.
Those days are over:(. I think age for me has contributed to that. Dont know if it has made me wiser or weaker :D

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well goodmorning everyone, hope you all have a good hump day. After PT and OT yesterday. Like I said to another member here that I am so sore. It hurts when I blink o_O. But it's all good. Soon I will be posting video of me walking. With assistance of course. ( cane, walker).
I know if I lose some weight. I might be able to walk independently. Been over a week and no cheating on the diet :confused:

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Yes, I can totally relate. I think it is because the pains from therapy you know will subside sooner or later, however the daily pains are there consistently and are never ending. A person gets tired of them and it is a battle because you are constantly fighting them. I have never understood and yet have also understood it when someone says that they get used to the pain. Personally I have found it very tiring and depressing having to fight daily pain, have never gotten used to it BUT at the same time have gotten used to it. If you can understand what I am trying to say. I know it does not make any sense whatsoever, but go figure, no-one ever said I was totally sane.!!:rolleyes:
It does make sense, in an intuitive kind of way. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I will only be coming online when I am at work, as it will be much easier for me to access the forum on my work computer rather than via a browser on my phone.
Sheesh! So you'll have to make a few more keystrokes than you're used to making. Poor you!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You and me both on both points. I can't take most painkillers because of my aspirin allergy and now some doctors think I'm crazy because I won't or can't take what they are offering. I've actually been fired as a patient because of it. I would rather deal with pain then the allergic or side effects of some prescription drugs.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well goodmorning everyone, hope you all have a good hump day. After PT and OT yesterday. Like I said to another member here that I am so sore. It hurts when I blink o_O. But it's all good. Soon I will be posting video of me walking. With assistance of course. ( cane, walker).
I know if I lose some weight. I might be able to walk independently. Been over a week and no cheating on the diet :confused:
Go guy!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You and me both on both points. I can't take most painkillers because of my aspirin allergy and now some doctors think I'm crazy because I won't or can't take what they are offering. I've actually been fired as a patient because of it. I would rather deal with pain then the allergic or side effects of some prescription drugs.
I totally get it. I try to not put chemicals into my body too. The only medication I take is a beta blocker for an uneven heart beat and aspirin, when needed.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I get that. After a couple decades of recurring bouts with major depression, I'm finally starting to get used to NOT being depressed. (You guys get part of the credit there, I think...) I'm trying to establish a new (revised) baseline for myself, without meds, and gradually add back in any med(s) I actually need at this point, one at a time.

That being said, I'm making all sorts of discoveries lately (good and bad). Like my pain threshold having DECREASED due to one of the meds no longer being in my system. :eek: Sheesh. I'm too young to be experiencing these kinds of aches and pains... or at least to be experiencing them, unmitigated!
I actually hate what's happening in our country. Although I can't take many of the pain meds I would still want them available to people that really need them. Young or old. Or what ever their station in life is.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning.. I am using the web version on my iPad this morning... not too bad, just not the same.. it will take me some time to get used to this.. Happy Wednesday!
That’s what I am doing now. The problem is that the times when I have my iPad available are few and far between.

I was put for one reason or another from 07:15 yesterday morning and got home at 22:30... I was able to catch up with other things on my phone, just not TFO.