COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
My hubby got involved so the pump is now taking longer to sort out. It is made but we need to create a little house for the solar panels to sit on, so that they are placed correctly to catch the sun. I will be sending photos once I have finished it all. I live next to a vlei so the water has a brownish colour to it. If you read this it will explain better than I can why the water over here goes brown after it is pumped out of the ground.

But building a filtration system with the activated coal is supposed to sort this out. So it is all good. Just need to put it all together.
I was kinda thinking that it was iron. Parts of Ohio well water does the same. Also some areas have sulphur and it stinks. As far as I know it's in the southern counties that have that problem.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Morning All,

From sunny Cape Town. I hope everyone has an awesome Friday and great weekend. I haven't been to gym this week as I have been busy with my garden, but lugging all the rocks etc around has been making up for it. So I feel like I have been gyming anyway this week.

I am really hoping that I can get my garden finished this weekend as it would be nice to have it all sorted and back to a normal routine again.
Yes! All those gyms forget to mention that if you are an active person you may not need more exercise. You might just need a break...for heavens sake.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I was kinda thinking that it was iron. Parts of Ohio well water does the same. Also some areas have sulphur and it stinks. As far as I know it's in the southern counties that have that problem.
Here we have wells that stink of sulphur (rotton eggs) and they call them spas where people have visited since Roman times to take the waters for their health especially skin problems. I tried some in Bath Spa once and it was disgusting, but along with sulphate it's supposed to have about 40+ other different minerals in it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have a CT scan sat. Hopefully that will give some answers why the leg is swelling. The doppler ultrasound showed no changes in the blood clot. My prosthesis is making me a new leg also. But that's going to take a few weeks. If the swelling goes down then I will use the leg I have now. If the swelling doesn't go down then I will use the new leg. I just want to start walking again. I was just ok walking with a quad cane. But could only walk about 400 feet. Need to get back on it to build up my endurance.
Everything crossed for you Ray and hoping it won't be too long.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little guy and I were sitting outside together. He was enjoying sitting on the warm stone patio and I was weeding. As I was watching him, he started getting taller on his back legs. Well the problem started...when he just stayed real tall on his back legs for too long. I decided to pick him up to see why. You can't imagine what he went through...I was going to save him no matter what it took... a little while later I realized my suspicions that I had a little boy were true. OMG. I have to laugh at myself everytime I think of that day.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Morning All,

From sunny Cape Town. I hope everyone has an awesome Friday and great weekend. I haven't been to gym this week as I have been busy with my garden, but lugging all the rocks etc around has been making up for it. So I feel like I have been gyming anyway this week.

I am really hoping that I can get my garden finished this weekend as it would be nice to have it all sorted and back to a normal routine again.
I'm sure you've had more of a work out in your garden than you would have had at the gym! Don't overdo the heavy lifting though and look after that back of yours!! I bet it will look great when it's finished,

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My little guy and I were sitting outside together. He was enjoying sitting on the warm stone patio and I was weeding. As I was watching him, he started getting taller on his back legs. Well the problem started...when he just stayed real tall on his back legs for too long. I decided to pick him up to see why. You can't imagine what he went through...I was going to save him no matter what it took... a little while later I realized my suspicions that I had a little boy were true. OMG. I have to laugh at myself everytime I think of that day.
Poor Lola tends to topple over slightly when he rises up on his back legs because of his missing foot, so he can't lift himself as high as he would like...... I hope it's not too uncomfortable for him!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all, the weekend is with us again!
We have had a dry week apart from some mist which has just made everything damp, but at least it's given the saturated ground a chance to dry out a bit.
All change next week with high winds rain and even some snow on some parts.
I hope everyone has a good weekend whatever your plans, and I'm sure I'll be bumping into some of you in the CDR.
Meanwhile I'm off to bed to start my new book.
Nos Da for now.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Poor Lola tends to topple over slightly when he rises up on his back legs because of his missing foot, so he can't lift himself as high as he would like...... I hope it's not too uncomfortable for him!
Poor Lola. You have to admire them.They don't give up.