COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
May your shed shopping experience be better than mine. Sale was fine-delivery was a :mad: THe truck broke down in Hampton Roads-2.5 hours from me and no other one in region. After 3 weeks and 2 phone calls the hand rolled it onto my property
I will let you know.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Do you have a product called Tuff Shed in Florida? They make some VERY nice sheds, however, they are a bit pricey. I'd love to have one.
I have looked at them. Sheds that are for sale here are rated at 180 mph winds and they tie the shed down on concrete columns. I will take pics while they install it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Got the shed it is 12'x 16'. It will be delivered in about 4 weeks. Right after that the fence will be installed and Opo will be happy.

Great. Are you planning on heating the shed and hanging some basking bulbs? 12x16 is a good sized shed, you add a little cot, tv, coffee pot too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Bernie Sanders keeps playing his political commercial that shows the clip of JFK saying, "We chose to go to the moon not because it was easy, but because it was hard." This is so stupid. We didn't go to the moon because it was hard. Can't you just see those space agency guys sitting around the table wondering how to spend their money? "I know, let's go to the moon because it's hard. That's a good reason to do something, right?"
I haven't seen that commercial yet. Thank the Lord for small blessings.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Great. Are you planning on heating the shed and hanging some basking bulbs? 12x16 is a good sized shed, you add a little cot, tv, coffee pot too.
If I make a work bench. I might add a tv and AC. Got to see how much stuff we put in it. Need to claim back the garage. I was going to get a 14'x 16' but the shed is made in Georgia. Being 14' wide the transportation costs would have been to high.
Never in my life did I think I would pay for a shed to be built. How times have changed.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Wednesday all...

good news on the photography front. Over the last two days I received two separate notices that my photos will be used in publications.

One by a kayaking organization called Cross Currents Sea Kayaking and the second by Baltimore’s Tall Ship group “Pride” of Baltimore.

Cross Currents Photo Selection

View attachment 286939

Pride Of Baltimore

View attachment 286940
Nice, do you get any money for them using the pics?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
If I make a work bench. I might add a tv and AC. Got to see how much stuff we put in it. Need to claim back the garage. I was going to get a 14'x 16' but the shed is made in Georgia. Being 14' wide the transportation costs would have been to high.
Never in my life did I think I would pay for a shed to be built. How times have changed.

aaaagh, the shed really is for you. For some reason i thought u were turning it into a large area for OPO.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well my mother in law got back from the Philippines late last night. ?
I was up until 4am I still have cobwebs in my head. Been a lazy day. Haven't seen my mother in law yet today. I think it will take awhile for her body to get used to the time change.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I'm admitting defeat. I'm just too old and insecure to work up a ladder about 15' off the ground.

I'm on a fixed income that hasn't changed in 20 years, which means there isn't any extra $$$ to hire it done.

The leaves have to be removed off my garage roof (a metal building) so they don't make the roof rust. Yesterday I dragged my electric leaf blower up the ladder and the closer I got to the top of the building the more nervous I became. You have to climb pretty high in order to get behind the leaves to blow them downhill. The ladder is on the side of the garage and the roof slopes down to the left. You have to work from the ladder because the metal panels won't support your weight.

So I need some suggestions, and bear in mind I don't think my homeowner insurance covers a non insured, non bonded college kid or some such.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
They make those gutter cleaning tools that can be used from the ground. Both that look like a big pipe
cleaner(with/without water) and then the ones that are with water.
I engineered something similar with a heavy duty brush that I bent and I then attached to a telescoping pole I had laying around. I think that pole thingie came from a dead pruner/mini chain saw.

I know there is even a kit that can be attached to shop vacuums.

But not sure how budget friendly these things are. Sorry.

-Meg
(work is abusing me today)