COLD DARK ROOM

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
By the way... did I mention I have a bigger than normal sulcata?
yea, it IS a girl but the vet says she is 100+
Lbs. but I know girls only get to be 80+ lbs.
the doctor is clearly wrong but here’s a picture so you can guess for me?

She looks to be 100 lbs to me. I do think her soaks in that tub are over...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have been dealing with my struggles. Pain wears me down mentally and physically. I had Opo dig me a burrow. Thought I would try that instead of the hole in the wall.?
I'm so glad to see you. I know what you mean?. I think the mental part of pain is the worst part to cope with. I'm allergic to aspirin so I can't take just anything so I usually don't take anything. Before I got diagnosed with severe osteoporosis nobody looked for why I was in pain. Now I'm not supposed to be in pain because I have osteoporosis and I'm elderly. When I was young they called it growing pains. Ok at my age I guess I haven't grown up yet. All I can say is whatever... I'M STILL HERE running my big fat mouth! And I ain't gonna give up.??

Amron

Lancashire. England
aaahhhh.... yes thank you. The smells are of roses from the heavens!
I had to do it myself today. I did however where my back brace.. so ... somehow by the grace of god .. I did it! ?
By the way... did I mention I have a bigger than normal sulcata?
yea, it IS a girl but the vet says she is 100+
Lbs. but I know girls only get to be 80+ lbs.
the doctor is clearly wrong but here’s a picture so you can guess for me?
Sensible to wearing your brace. Wow such a beauty, she is so large, how old is she ? How on earth so you manage to get her in a bath tub? I am in awe. Reggie, my sully, is only 2.5 years old. Begining to wish I hadn't started with her/him but I couldn't leave the poor thing living in a small table in someone's bedroom. He has a much better life here hopefully. Hope you are still looking after yourself and healing well?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. Long day at the rescue as it was all hands on deck making things as presentable as possible for tomorrow. I have an early start tomorrow morning... 6am. The tv crew arrives at 8.30 and we need to clean out and feed as much as possible where they will be filming as we cannot have our patients going hungry!

I’ve ben asked to wear my rescue t shirt which is fine except it’s white... what can possibky go wrong? ??

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
We are good Cathie! Thank you for asking. I was just getting around to making a post. I got to bring Jess home today... we are very happy! It’s been hard for her though. There are many things that you can’t do with only one arm.. but you dont realize how hard is is for someone.. especially when they have no control over a limb at all. She finds herself having to use her good hand to position the other arm which leaves her with no hands..:-( I have ordered special slings and immobilizers for her but I feel so out of my element.. it’s really a learning experience.. I’m not good at not having control of my surroundings.. I also have set many alarms for lots of meds. I’m going to bring some help in a couple days a week once we get some kind or routine established.. anyway... I meant for this to be a positive post.. I’m just really glad she’s home.. I’m thankful for all of you.
I am seriously delighted to hear that Jess is home.
Yay.gifYay.gifYay.gif