COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I've just noticed Lola has a problem with his right eye, it was fine this morning and I don't know if he's scratched it or got something in it wile he's been out grazing, but when he closes it there seems to be a white lump in the front corner (cornea maybe?). I can't see anything stuck in it.
I've gently rinsed it with some saline solution, but does anyone know what would be a good eye cream I could use on it? The chances of finding a vet open here on a Saturday afternoon are very slim so any I could buy from a pharmacy would be my best bet of treating it today rather than wait until Monday.
I don’t know if it would be the same where you are but our local farm amd garden stores carry an opthamalic gel for animals.. I use it religiously on Cinder amd sometimes on Ready when his allergies are bad.. I think I saw a version in Walmart as well..image.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don’t know if it would be the same where you are but our local farm amd garden stores carry an opthamalic gel for animals.. I use it religiously on Cinder amd sometimes on Ready when his allergies are bad.. I think I saw a version in Walmart as well..View attachment 326596
Thanks Heather, I'll google it and see if there's a version available n the UK.
It actually already looks better already since I flushed it with saline so maybe whatever was causing it has come out, but just in case I'll see if I can get that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Took a little back road trip waiting for grocery pickup and saw nature. Completely forgot to hold the turtle far away from body and luckily I have wet wipes/towels in the truck! What a bladder. Got stuck in the roadway on the upper portion of the creek/run off zone
Yep turtles don't like to fly ?it scares the pee out of em. It's like turning on a fire hose. An acquaintance found out the hard way in front of me so I took the warning. Daisy May a little boxie I rehomed always went outside on a pillow or in a bucket. Sapphire doesn't mind though.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Like a big puppy dog!

Our Ms Sully is in her nightbox staying out of the heat/sun.
Our temps dropped and we've had some rain. Lola must have known it was on the way because he's spent most of the evening in his hide....only coming out to eat.
(His eye seems to be back to normal)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our temps dropped and we've had some rain. Lola must have known it was on the way because he's spent most of the evening in his hide....only coming out to eat.
(His eye seems to be back to normal)
It's good to know that normal saline can help too. I always keep flukers repti rinse around for that problem. But I don't like to use it if it gets old. I just think since they live on the dirt it's really easy to get something in their eyes.?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

I have proof the world is ending! Plywood is now more expensive than PVC sheets

white-siding-trim-h120aws6-64_600.jpg

Hover Image to Zoom

1/2 in. x 48 in. x 8 ft. White PVC Trim​

(118)
Write a ReviewQuestions & Answers (159)
Intown (richmond) Store
13 in stock