COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I was referring to the neighbor's camera. . . the pesky bin may be a trap.
Yes I think they have cameras, they definitely have one of the Ring doorbells which records people at/passing their door.
It's pretty weird that a grown man could spend his time trying to wind me up like this. I suppose he may be grown but he's not entirely normal.
He also forgets the other neighbours can see what he's up to.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sun is playing tag with some low hanging clouds today. Humid as all heck here today (77%) but our Sully loves it. Another month or so and it will soon be time for Ms Sully to come back inside for Winter. ?

Quick trip to Lowes today, picked up a nice 2”x10”x8 ft long pine board. $16.00 for a single board. ??‍♂️ Picked up some Dark Walnut Tung oil & some wood sealer as well. A quick stop at WalMart for a 25# bag of black oilseed sunflower seed for the birdies. I have a nice mixed flock of birds coming daily now, Titmice, Chicadees, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers. Of course Morning Doves too.
What are you going to do with the board - repairs or a new project?
Sunflower seeds are one of many products it's getting harder to find over here because of the shortage of lorry drivers which is leading to shortages in our shops. All down to Brexit I think and the time it takes to train up and issue new licences to new drivers. We have high unemployment but they can't get the HGV licences and not everyone can be or wants to be a driver. Some companies have given good pay rises to try to recruit.

I managed to get a large sack a few weeks ago, for my birdies.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
What are you going to do with the board - repairs or a new project?
Sunflower seeds are one of many products it's getting harder to find over here because of the shortage of lorry drivers which is leading to shortages in our shops. All down to Brexit I think and the time it takes to train up and issue new licences to new drivers. We have high unemployment but they can't get the HGV licences and not everyone can be or wants to be a driver. Some companies have given good pay rises to try to recruit.

I managed to get a large sack a few weeks ago, for my birdies.

Aagh, the board. Going to add an extension to my ”temporary” work bench. I’ll cut off a few sections and augment the table top.

No problem finding birdseed. I‘ve only been feeding one cup or less a day. This way if the squirrels get hungry, they only get a small bit.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I may also get him a pair of concrete boots and persuade him to come swimming so he'll be 'sleeping with the fishes' (said in an Sicilian accent) ;)
If you do that, make sure you puncture the lungs. If you don't when the gases build up in the lungs. He will float to the surface. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Sunday all. A cracking day here 5his morning. Bright sunshine coupled with cool Autumnal temperatures.

I got out kayaking early this morning. Pretty perfect really.

Enjoy your Sunday. Lots of football in the US to watch & gardening too.

View attachment 333088
Cant wait for pics of the color change. I miss that living in Florida.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Good morning/afternoon all.
It was quite sunny earlier on but clouded over now - hopefully some rain will fall this weekend.

My neighbour is playing a game with his bin called 'how close to Lyn's door can I leave it?'
They've started leaving it out on the pavement all the time now and he would rather leave it outside my door than his own which is a house width away. He's spoiling for an argument I think and waiting for me to say something, but as much as it annoys me I'll let him carry on - he'll soon .get fed of the trek to his bin.
Or maybe I'll get someone to take a few streets away!?:)
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday so far!
Bird seed and a ton of it ! Be tough to get near that bin!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I may try that - it's now 2 feet away from my door and 12 feet away from theirs!
Just think. All those birdies flying around eating, and of course what goes in must come out ? the poop heads. Getting what they dish out. Oh yeah either take your trash out at night or under an ☔

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been quite a nice day here in between clouds.
Lola did some basking, but hasn't eaten a great deal today and took himself off to bed early.
I spent some time topping up the oil, coolant and water etc. in my old car and gave it a clean - it's due an MOT this week and we all know that cleanliness is next to road worthiness.:) It's 14 years old this month and I'm hoping it will pass again this year.

Linda's recue centre was on TV here again today - a segment on a programme hosted by a well known TV gardener - Alan Titchmarsh. They do such fantastic work with wildlife. Linda wasn't in it but it could have been filmed when she wasn't there.
Still no news from her - I do hope she and her family are OK after their holiday.

Anyway my Sunday is almost over so I'd better go and lock up and sort the kitchen out before bed.
Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow.
Nos Da!

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We have so many things going on at the farm. We added four new ewes. They are from the same farm as our previous ewes and our ram. We very unexpectedly added a dog to the farm. She came from the sheep’s farm and had kept the animals safe. We are hoping she will do the same here. So far she is the smartest dog we’ve had or ever seen. A cold snap is headed this way. We finished all that was needed for Augustus’ heated house. I found a man that will make me one for $300. This thing is so heavy and sturdy. The wood is at least an inch thick. I did all the insulating and painting. With all the fence building we’ve been having to do in preparation for the sheep, hiring a tortoise house builder was a lifesaver. Now I’m going to go get ready for my week of teaching elementary PE.

Attachments

• F7C3BBB9-7A04-4A04-95BF-73AAF216EF38.jpeg
    F7C3BBB9-7A04-4A04-95BF-73AAF216EF38.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • D3DB9EFD-F54A-4BB6-80C4-54EFED93BCC9.jpeg
    D3DB9EFD-F54A-4BB6-80C4-54EFED93BCC9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 0139C63D-DB40-47E4-AE57-81AC602B094F.jpeg
    0139C63D-DB40-47E4-AE57-81AC602B094F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 1E050A8B-F16F-407A-AEE8-4CB50953E27D.jpeg
    1E050A8B-F16F-407A-AEE8-4CB50953E27D.jpeg