COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've never done a telephone visit with a doctor but I'm about to get one Monday. I went ahead and let my lung doctor check up be by phone. The only reason I did that was because I've had a pretty bad sinus infection. I didn't test but just in case, I wouldn't want to expose them or the other patients just in case. I even have 4 tests here with the shortage going on and I'm too lazy to try to learn how to use them. Sometimes I really wonder about myself because... and well... Monday we're supposed to have a really pretty snowfall ? and so I am being a bump on a log a morph.? and a lot tortie too ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you very much - I love the picture!!:<3:
21 again! ;)
I'm going out for a meal this evening with family so I'm looking forward to that.
Hope all is well with you.
Happy birthday Lyn!!!!
I hope your outing is FABULOUS and you get hit on by an 18 year old.!! ?

Big Ron

Tortoise Club
Florida
Sunny & bright, but (still) below freezing. We’re having a stretch of abnormally cold freezing weather. Last year, hardly any really cold days. We managed to tame back & prune much of our Crepe Myrtles that were damaged from the snowstorm.

We first trimmed off the easy thin bits & then tackled the main trunks.

View attachment 338855
crepe myrtle makes a really hard wood when it dries lots of people use it for walking sticks,and custom slingshots,i have been making and shooting slingshots for almost 40 yrs,along with making canes waling sticks and other things like carving or actually whittling,those are some nice trimmings

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
crepe myrtle makes a really hard wood when it dries lots of people use it for walking sticks,and custom slingshots,i have been making and shooting slingshots for almost 40 yrs,along with making canes waling sticks and other things like carving or actually whittling,those are some nice trimmings

You’re right. Some of the taller straight pieces look like they will make perfect walking sticks. Extremely strong feel to even the smallest pieces. Very dense.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
Another lovely, frosty sunny day here!
Lola hasn't made an appearance yet but is just peeping around his door.
I'm having a quiet day but may pop out to see Tilly the pup later.
I hope everyone is having a good Friday
How's the other new baby? Have you gotten news yet??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A quick peek at a few more of the yet-to-be “trimmed” Christmas trees hot off my lathe.

View attachment 339031
Since you've been busy I've been googling with all my questions and ran across a guy named Howard Lewin with a really good article online. Explaining all the benefits of turning green wood ? in the first place it's free ? and a bunch of other stuff too. Is all of those more of the Crapemyrtle? I like the creamy white of that wood. I hope my baby tree grows fast.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
How's the other new baby? Have you gotten news yet??
Yes thanks for asking Cathie.
My new great niece arrived about 8.30 a.m. Las Vegas time - approx 4.30 pm here.
She weighed in at just over 7 pounds; I'm not sure of baby's name, it sounded a bit like Cranberry but it wouldn't be that (I hope!!) and my sister had to go rescue the pup before I could ask her to repeat it.
My nephew introduced her to her Welsh grandparents via Portal so they've been able to see her thanks to technology.
Mother and baby are doing well and no complications so there's a great deal to be thankful for.
The other 'baby' Tilly is wonderful and very playful until she wears herself out and needs a sleep.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes thanks for asking Cathie.
My new great niece arrived about 8.30 a.m. Las Vegas time - approx 4.30 pm here.
She weighed in at just over 7 pounds; I'm not sure of baby's name, it sounded a bit like Cranberry but it wouldn't be that (I hope!!) and my sister had to go rescue the pup before I could ask her to repeat it.
My nephew introduced her to her Welsh grandparents via Portal so they've been able to see her thanks to technology.
Mother and baby are doing well and no complications so there's a great deal to be thankful for.
The other 'baby' Tilly is wonderful and very playful until she wears herself out and needs a sleep.
Lovely! Maybe they'll do a Portal for you too I hope. I've been rooting for the couple along with you just because you included me in it. But it's just one of those love at first sight stories that has to be true or else. I'm happy for them.? and Tilly too. I'm happy for Tilly to find a good loving home but they always give us more in the long run. Lots of joy ❤️ right.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lovely! Maybe they'll do a Portal for you too I hope. I've been rooting for the couple along with you just because you included me in it. But it's just one of those love at first sight stories that has to be true or else. I'm happy for them.? and Tilly too. I'm happy for Tilly to find a good loving home but they always give us more in the long run. Lots of joy ❤️ right.
Thank you Cathie My sister is sending me some pics so I'll post one then.
I think my sister and her hubby are planning on going out to visit in the spring if covid allows by then.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you Cathie My sister is sending me some pics so I'll post one then.
I think my sister and her hubby are planning on going out to visit in the spring if covid allows by then.
I'll bet you get lots of pictures before then ?? sister grandma is gonna be bragging ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Hey Big Ron,
You say you make SLING SHOTS!? ?
What EXACTLY do you use them for?????
?????????????
Please say knocking over BOTTLES! ?