COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good point.

I really doubt there’s any merit there. Your lawn, your signs! No one knows if you spray or what you spray.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
@Ray--Opo you could always plant something to deter the dog from that area, the only problem is that usually plants with scents like african marigolds also affect torts...
You could get a sign saying you have cameras, it could deter her?
Some places recomend ultra sonic sensors that activate when the animal comes nearby, and torts can't hear, so it could work.
The only problem with the previous three is that you have to pay for them, when it's your neighbours fault, so that already feels wrong.
You could fight fire with fire by slinging Opo poop into her yard. But normally fighting fire with fire brings more fire, and you don't know what's happened to her or what's causing her to act like this.
So all in all I'd say the camera signs may be a good option

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can buy some sort of wild animal urine, mountain lion or some such. It's for discouraging racoons and opossum. I wonder if it would discourage the dog.

Go out in the dark and pour lots and lots of black or cayenne pepper along her side of the fence.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It sounds to me that you are a polite upstanding British lady...
without going into great detail...I have had neighbor trouble recently and stray cats and neighbors dogs...so rather than doing what I imagine
View attachment 343337
just kidding...lol instead of that I bought a motion sensor sprinkler. It scares the hell outta them and gets them all wet in cold weather...so far so good! And the homeowners ***. can't do a freakin thing about it
I've got a sprinkler for the cats too - maybe I should aim it at the top of the fence, or maybe I should aim a weapon like yours instead! ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I am still trying to figure out what to do with my new neighbor. She is still walking her dog on a leash and the dog is pooping right next to my fence. She has so many areas to use. She has a triple lot and the whole back lot line. Butts up to undeveloped property. It won't be a good idea for me to speak to her again. With the negativity I received the first time. I wont be as nice this time. That will not accomplish anything. 😖
It's unbelievable how inconsiderate and selfish she is, probably only taking her dog there to wind you up.:confused:
Found this Australian website which has a few good ideas
https://pethaus.com.au/blogs/news/how-to-stop-your-dog-pooing-in-certain-areas
or there are some ultrasonic dog scarers that may put him off using that area.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey Ray. Maybe you should get a few of these signs and place them along that border area, preferably when the neighbor isnt around. This way she won’t really know that you didnt spray, but only put the signs around.

View attachment 343380
.........unless she thinks she could do the same and sprays near Opo :(

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You can buy some sort of wild animal urine, mountain lion or some such. It's for discouraging racoons and opossum. I wonder if it would discourage the dog.

Go out in the dark and pour lots and lots of black or cayenne pepper along her side of the fence.
I tried an herbal mix once. It was supposed to deter animals because of the smell of it and yet be harmless to wildlife. It didn't work on cats and it was disgusting. Then I tried shells, garden stones, and anything else I could throw in. Even big flat rocks. Where there's a will there's a way 🤣 they just go between the cracks. Your black pepper/ cayenne idea is an idea. Oh my garsh 😁. I'm visualizing the fourth of July 🥳

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
I don't seem to have done much today, but the time has flown by!
It's been quite dull and chilly here, but dry after last night's rain.
I hope you are all having a good Easter Monday, mine is almost over and I'm just heading off to bed to read my book.
So I'll see you tomorrow, but until then Nos Da.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all.
I don't seem to have done much today, but the time has flown by!
It's been quite dull and chilly here, but dry after last night's rain.
I hope you are all having a good Easter Monday, mine is almost over and I'm just heading off to bed to read my book.
So I'll see you tomorrow, but until then Nos Da.
Same here. Same weather. I fixed some mushroom gravy with our leftover lamb and mashed potatoes for comfort food because there's a chill in the air. I need warmed up from the inside out. I like lazy days so it's been good.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Yvooooonnne!!!!! 😧

Poor dog!!!
He’d be sneezing forever!!

It’s not the dogs fault his owner is a ….
Pig 🐷 and an a**hole.

Poor thing has to poop! 😆

I just thought about it and realized….🤔

Maybe THE DOG has seen Opo and is trying to “claim” HIS territory?

Telling Opo….
“Hey! You!! With the big rock on your back!
This is MMYYYY yard, so step off speedy!”

Just a thought….?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Now ….
I axe 🪓 you……😝

Where the heck da ya buy “Wild Animal Urine”????????😂

What are you thinkin’ Yvonne??? 🤣😂

Remind me NOT to mess with YOU!

(“Hi, yes.. is this Amazon?…. I was wondering what kind of wild animal urine you have on hand to sell me so I can deter a dog from pooping on my land?”)
“Yes…yes..I see… ok then….
Does it come in lavender scent?”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Jan A

Boulder, CO
It's a shame her kids and at least one of her grandkids have all caused her so much trouble.
She is interesting because she's been queen & a mother for so many yrs. What horrible conflicts for any woman to get thru & still have her wits about her. And I always liked her mom who was definitely a hoot.

A badly written news headline yesterday made it sound like the "Queen Mother bones" were found in a bag. They meant a "mother from Queens". I had to read the story for a few lines to make sure it wasn't the former.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Now ….
I axe 🪓 you……😝

Where the heck da ya buy “Wild Animal Urine”????????😂

What are you thinkin’ Yvonne??? 🤣😂

Remind me NOT to mess with YOU!

(“Hi, yes.. is this Amazon?…. I was wondering what kind of wild animal urine you have on hand to sell me so I can deter a dog from pooping on my land?”)
“Yes…yes..I see… ok then….
Does it come in lavender scent?”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Sure…you can buy everything. I used to set a trap line up in Pennsylvania & we used different scents to attract animals.

I’m thinking some Coyote urine would detract a dog from lingering…

D03AC8A6-C5C5-4EB3-9A17-5A93CAADF299.jpeg

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got my first Prolia shot today. My appointment was at 10 am sharp. I got there by 9:30 because I hate to be late. Then I didn't even get time to warm up because it was done by 9:40😂 I told em that on my way out 😁 I get to bug em again in October.🐢😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yvooooonnne!!!!! 😧

Poor dog!!!
He’d be sneezing forever!!

It’s not the dogs fault his owner is a ….
Pig 🐷 and an a**hole.

Poor thing has to poop! 😆

I just thought about it and realized….🤔

Maybe THE DOG has seen Opo and is trying to “claim” HIS territory?

Telling Opo….
“Hey! You!! With the big rock on your back!
This is MMYYYY yard, so step off speedy!”

Just a thought….?
And well...