COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Lola was fully stretched out in the sun this afternoon.
While I was watching him he slowly pulled his left leg in and then extended it as much as he could, then he did the same with the right leg - he looked like he was doing his exercises!:D
Too funny πŸ˜‚ hahaha or warm ups to give you some exercise 😜

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
Quite a cloudy but warmish day here.
Lola and I have spent quite some time in the garden today.
I can't get over how he's suddenly acquired a taste for grass, but I'm very pleased about it.
I hope everyone's having a peaceful Sunday, it's been quite noisy here the last couple of hours with someone in the street using power tools to do some DIY, but needs must.
I think it's time to see how things are at Wimbledon now so see you later
Ta ta!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all,
Quite a cloudy but warmish day here.
Lola and I have spent quite some time in the garden today.
I can't get over how he's suddenly acquired a taste for grass, but I'm very pleased about it.
I hope everyone's having a peaceful Sunday, it's been quite noisy here the last couple of hours with someone in the street using power tools to do some DIY, but needs must.
I think it's time to see how things are at Wimbledon now so see you later
Ta ta!
It's been a good Sunday πŸ™‚ I actually got out and visited some family for a get together. But before that I got to watch a squirrel trying to get into a simple little suet feeder from Lowes. I was feeling sorry for the little wood pecker that comes to visit now and then and did a couple of wood pecker seed blocks in it. Poor guy couldn't get into it 😜 even thoughIMG_20220703_123922957_HDR.jpg he tried his best. He did eat a fallen crab apple though 🀣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been a good Sunday πŸ™‚ I actually got out and visited some family for a get together. But before that I got to watch a squirrel trying to get into a simple little suet feeder from Lowes. I was feeling sorry for the little wood pecker that comes to visit now and then and did a couple of wood pecker seed blocks in it. Poor guy couldn't get into it 😜 even thoughView attachment 346830 he tried his best. He did eat a fallen crab apple though 🀣
You gotta see this Pic too 😜 he even had the feeder going around like a ferris wheel 😁😁😁😁😁IMG_20220703_123928543_HDR.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes the sounds from my tinitis are so loud I wonder that I can hear other sounds at all. Today I was sitting here reading and I became aware of a new tinitis sound. Sounded sort of like popcorn, a rhythmic sound. It bothered and annoyed me for a couple hours and I finally realized it's my ceiling fan!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sometimes the sounds from my tinitis are so loud I wonder that I can hear other sounds at all. Today I was sitting here reading and I became aware of a new tinitis sound. Sounded sort of like popcorn, a rhythmic sound. It bothered and annoyed me for a couple hours and I finally realized it's my ceiling fan!
If it's a new sound you should have a look just to see.but NO ladders. Cause I need you.πŸ€—

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
So, it is soon Dragon fruit season, this plant has up'ed it game this year, there are 5 or 6 Blooms this year, this is the first to open. I assist in the pollination, in order to get a good set.

Attachments

• 20220703_065548.jpg
    20220703_065548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220703_065556.jpg
    20220703_065556.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
So, it is soon Dragon fruit season, this plant has up'ed it game this year, there are 5 or 6 Blooms this year, this is the first to open. I assist in the pollination, in order to get a good set.
They typically open at the end of the day, I was surprised it was still open this afternoon, and they have such a soft delicate aroma, ah'aaa

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They typically open at the end of the day, I was surprised it was still open this afternoon, and they have such a soft delicate aroma, ah'aaa
On my outing today, I got to see a lot of my favorite tree a mimosa. I know it's considered a maybe invasive because it's not native but I love that tree. It has a delicate beautiful aroma also but you have to be blessed to get a whiff of it. You have to catch it just at the perfect time when it lets you. It was early morning, right before total sunrise and misty. I kept looking around to see where the perfume was coming from it was so lovely. And here it was a tree that I already liked because of it's leaves, flowers, and trunk.πŸ€—

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
On my outing today, I got to see a lot of my favorite tree a mimosa. I know it's considered a maybe invasive because it's not native but I love that tree. It has a delicate beautiful aroma also but you have to be blessed to get a whiff of it. You have to catch it just at the perfect time when it lets you. It was early morning, right before total sunrise and misty. I kept looking around to see where the perfume was coming from it was so lovely. And here it was a tree that I already liked because of it's leaves, flowers, and trunk.πŸ€—
That reminds me of a shrub I have in My back yard, it is a Cestrum parqui, Chilean Jessamine, Durring the day it is unnoticable, but as dusk arrives the blooms emit their sweet aroma, as best I can describe it, it smells like the sweet fruity smell of Lacquer thinner, as soon as morning comes the aroma disappears.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That reminds me of a shrub I have in My back yard, it is a Cestrum parqui, Chilean Jessamine, Durring the day it is unnoticable, but as dusk arrives the blooms emit their sweet aroma, as best I can describe it, it smells like the sweet fruity smell of Lacquer thinner, as soon as morning comes the aroma disappears.
Is it like jasmine? Like what they use to scent insence and such stuff.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi Cathy, No, it is not like the Jasmine Vine, it is a shrub and is a Jessamine. Different type of plant. and a very different aroma.
Now I'm intrigued πŸ€” I still love jasmine though. What I really found interesting about the Mimosa though was I walked by that tree almost every day. I loved everything about it. The leaves. The flowers. The way the trunk reminded me of a bonsai tree. I even had shower gel supposedly using the scent. And then I actually got to smell the real thing.... one early misty morning. I'll never forget it.πŸ€—

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh, and Cathy G, Happy 4th of July. . .
Same back to you. And yes it is! It's official. It's the 4th here. I wish they'd stop blowing up the place to celebrate πŸ˜‚. I thought independence got won already.πŸ™ƒ hehehe