COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My parents & I rode the train from Anderson, IN to Minneapolis, MN when I was 8 or 9 for our vacation with my dad's family & then back a week later about this time of yr. It was a little faster than driving. The scenery was gorgeous. Maybe a 12 or 14 hr trip one way. The dining car was so much fun!
A few years back we took the “Auto Train“ from Florida back up to Virginia. Such an easy & pleasant way to travel. We had driven down for some house hunting, and decided to explore the train. So relaxing. Comfy seats. Well organized on & off. We kept all of our junk in the truck & only a few personal items on board. So easy.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Actually, Ray, the surgery is done with a laparascope, so is not a big incision, just 5 little holes. I was up and walking the same day. Most people go home the next day, but since I live alone, I stayed an extra day. Done on Monday, home on Wednesday. I was able to take care of my pets myself. Thankfully a friend came in a few times while I was in the hospital and cared for them for me.

That’s great. Modern med/surgery has progressed a great deal in the last 20 years. I had my right hip replaced in December, all done out patient. In at 0500, surgery at 0715, and back to our hotel by noon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I only have a story of the pic that got away.again.😠 that little bird feeder I bought from Lowes is downright genius. Two little sparrows were using it as an umbrella today. ☔And it works like a merry go round for a squirrel 🐿️😁 you don't even need a baffle 🤣😜 it holds suet or seed blocks. Starlings don't really like it with the woodpecker seed blocks 😜it's genius in it's simple design. It's just a little DIY throw it together project with scrap 1" rabbit wire, wood blocks, hanger, screws and stuff but it works.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That’s great. Modern med/surgery has progressed a great deal in the last 20 years. I had my right hip replaced in December, all done out patient. In at 0500, surgery at 0715, and back to our hotel by noon.
What's really amazing is that my surgery was actually done by a robot! The surgeon sits at a console and controls it with sensor gloves on his hands. Google Da Vinci robot...fascinating, and so cool!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello TFO, just got a response back from Camden Yards, Orioles Park. They stated because of the scoreboard being Old, depending on the angle of your seat may not show everything clearly. They told me if I was to zoom in on the picture, I could see it saying Happy Anniversary. I try zooming in on my 65" TV, didn't see it then either. I guest if my TV was as big as the scoreboard I may have seen it. They apologized and offered to seen me a small gift to resolve this problem, no refund offered. Let you know what I receive.

Attachments

• 20220704_183401.jpg
    20220704_183401.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 5

norma.b

St Lucia ESTUARY KZN South Africa
Lyn, I hope you end up having a mild case, with no lasting repercussions, That's what I'm personally afraid of. The long haul symptoms. Not to make light of it but that would really crimp my style, while trying to care for my lil farm. Wishing you the best for your recovery, and I'm sure Lola will be missing your attention.

Hi Lyn, I'm glad to hear your recovering, Since I live by myself, and have such a lil farm. as I have stated before, I CAN'T get sick/Covid. Trying to get someone, Friend/my Brother to come in and care for all my kids would be next to impossible. ( I do have a SOP for my farm) My Brother lives about 15mi/24km away, and have a hard time to get him to visit even when I'm well, and don't get me started on care for farm animals . . his deal is 2 cats....I mask up when I'm around folks, frequently even outside, just to be on the "Safe Side". It's unsettling to get covid, and not have an idea where it came from, or when your guard was let down. Wishing you a quick recovery, my friend....

Poor guy. And if his obedience is not up to par then his previous parents are to blame. German shepherds are so easy to train. They thrive on it. It's good you got him 🤗 and glad to see you too 😁
I was always a bit scared of German Shepards but have found they do have lovely nature's and will protect their owner with their life if need be. Glad you are doing so well.. Take it easy. Good luck.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello TFO, just got a response back from Camden Yards, Orioles Park. They stated because of the scoreboard being Old, depending on the angle of your seat may not show everything clearly. They told me if I was to zoom in on the picture, I could see it saying Happy Anniversary. I try zooming in on my 65" TV, didn't see it then either. I guest if my TV was as big as the scoreboard I may have seen it. They apologized and offered to seen me a small gift to resolve this problem, no refund offered. Let you know what I receive.
35 years, WOW!! Congratulations!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I only have a story of the pic that got away.again.😠 that little bird feeder I bought from Lowes is downright genius. Two little sparrows were using it as an umbrella today. ☔And it works like a merry go round for a squirrel 🐿️😁 you don't even need a baffle 🤣😜 it holds suet or seed blocks. Starlings don't really like it with the woodpecker seed blocks 😜it's genius in it's simple design. It's just a little DIY throw it together project with scrap 1" rabbit wire, wood blocks, hanger, screws and stuff but it works.
The little feeder IMG_20220706_162929252.jpgIMG_20220706_162912647.jpgIMG_20220706_162959120.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well, Ray, that should give you & Rose some peace while your off visiting your son's in Michigan. It would be stressful for me if I was concened about the care of my kids while I'm trying to relax.....
Forsure, I was just looking at the security camera. Nanay is checking on Opo every hr. I asked Rose to mention to her that is not necessary. If Rose explains in their language. Nothing will be misunderstood in translation. 😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
A few years back we took the “Auto Train“ from Florida back up to Virginia. Such an easy & pleasant way to travel. We had driven down for some house hunting, and decided to explore the train. So relaxing. Comfy seats. Well organized on & off. We kept all of our junk in the truck & only a few personal items on board. So easy.

Wow didn't realize you could transport your vehicle. That would be great for us, because our van has a power ramp for my wheelchair. We wouldn't have to drive and would have the van there with us.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What's really amazing is that my surgery was actually done by a robot! The surgeon sits at a console and controls it with sensor gloves on his hands. Google Da Vinci robot...fascinating, and so cool!
Oh my garsh 😁 did you actually watch it!? I'd have put my pillow over my face myself 😁 and pressed down so I couldn't possibly see it cause I was knocked out by me.😘

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Actually, Ray, the surgery is done with aparascope, so is not a big incision, just 5 little holes. I was up and walking the same day. Most people go home the next day, but since I live alone, I stayed an extra day. Done on Monday, home on Wednesday. I was able to take care of my pets myself. Thankfully a friend came in a few times while I was in the hospital and cared for them for me.
Wow that is fantastic. Over 25 years ago a friend of mine had it done. They ended up leaving gauze pads inside. She ended up real sick. I think she became septic if I remember correctly.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Oh my garsh 😁 did you actually watch it!? I'd have put my pillow over my face myself 😁 and pressed down so I couldn't possibly see it cause I was knocked out by me.😘
I was under general anesthesia, so didn't see anything.
But I wanted to see the robot when they wheeled me into the OR, but it was all closed up in its box. The dr told me they do that to keep it sterile for as long as possible.
I was still really disappointed.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well our travels were horrible today. Ended up in the van for 7.5 hrs not the 4.5 we had planned.
I forgot about midday traffic in Atlanta and also 2 accidents that stopped traffic for miles.
We had stopped and had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse so that was enjoyable. Everything fell apart after that.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was under general anesthesia, so didn't see anything.
But I wanted to see the robot when they wheeled me into the OR, but it was all closed up in its box. The dr told me they do that to keep it sterile for as long as possible.
I was still really disappointed.
Yea I'd like to meet the guy that's actually doing it and then say Goodbye until I wake up but it does look to be less stressful. Human error and all 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well our travels were horrible today. Ended up in the van for 7.5 hrs not the 4.5 we had planned.
I forgot about midday traffic in Atlanta and also 2 accidents that stopped traffic for miles.
We had stopped and had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse so that was enjoyable. Everything fell apart after that.
Well... you are probably thru the worst of it. Driving through Atlanta is interesting even if you plan it for the right time. Oh yeah I forgot you are driving north. What ever you do! Avoid driving north on the Cincinnati bridge to Ohio. Take a little scenic route around it.🤗🙏