Come out Come out where ever you are- pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Riverbank, CA
I had to dig up my torts today, it took me over an hour to dig them up and fill in his burrow. I had been keeping an eye on their burrow temp and it got down to seventy last night so i decided it was time to make them start using the box i just built. Check out other thread for that. So hear are some pics of the slow process since the hole was ten foot long and 4 deep. IMAG0750.jpg[aIMAG0753.jpgIMAG0752.jpgttachment=31276]

Attachments

• IMAG0749.jpg
    IMAG0749.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow! Now, that's devotion! But, isn't 70 still an ok temp for outdoors?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Wowza! That pic of the tort in the burrow is super cool. Did anyone show any aggression or territorial behaviour during the excavation???

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
No we go through this every year tatsu my big guy loves to dig even though i have a great box for him. Every spring he digs his ten foot burrow and every fall i dig him up. This year he did toy with me a bit, he would come to the front of the burrow and i would grab him and he would dig his back legs in and i could nit budge him.If anyone does this make sure you wear gloves so you cant get your fingers smashed.As for temps i like them to stay above 75 to 80 down in his burrow when the day time stops getting in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.