Comments regarding concern

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
People that have had bad experiences with shady sellers that masquerade as rescues and "reputable" breeders may consider recently known rescue operations as questionable. And rather than taking the effort in learning more about them, they may choose to instead bombard them with hate mail in an attempt to scare them away and or prevent them from advertising/operating in this forum. This impatient way of conducting themselves could have also been one the reasons why some of these people were possibly victims of these scams to begin with.

Being suspicious of another is perfectly understandable, considering how majorly crooked the pet industry really is. Their decisions on acting and the methods they choose however, would certainly not be approved.

@RMTrescue
Please feel free to report any messages you feel have crossed the line to the admin and moderators of this forum.
All rescues are not the same.
South of me in Miami is a so called " rescue" that is just a greedy tortoise for profit set up.
I myself often nurse to health and re home tortoises and usually at a money loss. But I'm not a rescue. Maybe I should call myself that, though.
It's just a word, rescue.
Might be a great thing. Might be some crazy hoarder or even worse! You simply cant be against the name. Or the word.
It's an individual thing.
And it sounds like your heart is in it in your case.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I get visions of Crazy Cat Lady "rescues" where there are 80 cats. Some near death and most in horrible shape in a filthy house with poop everywhere. The cats are breeding and dying and the cat lady thinks somehow that she is helping.....
Because she LOVES cats.

Sorry to get so far off course and I'm sorry that anyone has made judgment before knowing your intent and dedication.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I get visions of Crazy Cat Lady "rescues" where there are 80 cats. Some near death and most in horrible shape in a filthy house with poop everywhere. The cats are breeding and dying and the cat lady thinks somehow that she is helping.....
Because she LOVES cats.
"Cat ladies" tend to be antisocial and do a poor job of cleaning up after the cats. At least that's been my experience. I could tell you some real horror stories in that regard.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
"Cat ladies" tend to be antisocial and do a poor job of cleaning up after the cats. At least that's been my experience. I could tell you some real horror stories in that regard.
I was trying to point out that sometimes just that word can bring to mind bad things.;)