Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
To further drive home the don't buy from pet stores. I was in one the other day and they had a tank marked redfoot tortoise. It was dark and cold, had the wrong substrate and incorrect water dish. When I asked to see the tortoise it was a cherry head tortoise. It was cold and it's eyes were stuck shut. I explained to them nicely they need to make some changes and the blew me off. I'm afraid that poor tort will not make it.
Ugh that’s so sad😔 Squirt was from somewhere bad(family member didn’t know any better at the time) where they’d turn all their heating off at night for every species, including their baby red foots, bare in mind we’re a cold country, and they had no problem using red heat bulbs and cramming a bunch of adults into a tiny enclosure😣
Apparently the store burnt down a few years ago😳they just sell fish now..

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Ugh that’s so sad😔 Squirt was from somewhere bad(family member didn’t know any better at the time) where they’d turn all their heating off at night for every species, including their baby red foots, bare in mind we’re a cold country, and they had no problem using red heat bulbs and cramming a bunch of adults into a tiny enclosure😣
Apparently the store burnt down a few years ago😳they just sell fish now..
It makes me sick to see how mistreated they are. We're currently visiting family 1600 miles from home so I can't even offer the little tort a better situation right now.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It makes me sick to see how mistreated they are. We're currently visiting family 1600 miles from home so I can't even offer the little tort a better situation right now.
It breaks my heart too😔I get frustrated they even sell red foots in the uk, it’s not fair on them at all, people don’t house them properly💔