Concerns for My Boxy

GreenFire719

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina, USA
Hello everyone. I recently adopted what I believe to be an eastern box turtle. She was not in the best of shape when I got her. I just wanted to check on how I'm doing. I was told by the past owner that she has some problem with her tail when she gets dehydrated and was wondering if anyone knew what it was called. Here's a picture of it:IMG_1799.jpg
I'm currently keeping her in a 30 gallon tub until I can finalize her bigger enclosure. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables in her diet, as the previous owner only feed her tomatoes and pellets. As I've seen she has slight pyramiding on her shell but otherwise is in good shapeIMG_1512932087.558937.jpgIMG_1512932162.458783.jpg
If I could get confirmation on what kind of box turtle she is, that would be awesome. IMG_1747.jpgIMG_1761.jpg
Thanks everyone in advance!

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
looks like some type of prolapse , does it go away ? it is an eastern box turtle , they do eat lots of protein also , I think it may be more than half their diet ....... bugs , worms , pinkie mice , fish , dog food , fish food , as well as fruit , berries , melons ......... a prolapse can be a serious problem , hopefully someone who has dealt with it sees your post ......... if you have a small garden you can secure , put out in the early summer with proper accommodations she should thrive outside year round ......