Confused

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
Hey guys, okay I checked the eggs last night. Noticed a hole. A decent sized hole. One on both sides of the egg? And I can see inside the one hole and there is a white wall? A membrane or something? Also there is no albumen that leaked out the hole I can't see any veins or anything just a white wall? I have no idea what has happened now.. I set the eggs on a dry towel in case it's the water. Also there is like a hairline crack from one end of the egg to the other. If a pic is needed I will add one. Has anyone had this happen? I am completely lost as to what is happening. 76 days today. Any thoughts?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey guys, okay I checked the eggs last night. Noticed a hole. A decent sized hole. One on both sides of the egg? And I can see inside the one hole and there is a white wall? A membrane or something? Also there is no albumen that leaked out the hole I can't see any veins or anything just a white wall? I have no idea what has happened now.. I set the eggs on a dry towel in case it's the water. Also there is like a hairline crack from one end of the egg to the other. If a pic is needed I will add one. Has anyone had this happen? I am completely lost as to what is happening. 76 days today. Any thoughts?
Try taking the egg and putting it in a small deli cup on top of damp paper towel then cover the cup with another damp paper towel. The one I got from Tortstork was taking forever to hatch too. Once I did this the egg started hatching within hours.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Try taking the egg and putting it in a small deli cup on top of damp paper towel then cover the cup with another damp paper towel. The one I got from Tortstork was taking forever to hatch too. Once I did this the egg started hatching within hours.
I am getting up to go try that now. O was wondering if the "white wall" I was seeing was dried membrane or something of that sort? Thank you very much for replying. I don't want anything to be going wrong this far into incubation.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I have no experience with eggs at all, but wishing you luck!!![emoji173]️

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Good luck! I also have no experience with eggs.. besides cracking them onto a frying pan. Hope everything goes ok