Constipation and diet

Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
I took my tort in to the vet a while ago fearing RI because his eyes were swollen. Turns out he was just constipated from the dry pellets I had been supplementing with. I have since then changed his diet to a formula I have spent months developing and call "Super Tortoise Yum-yum Mix." It consists of:
Repashy's Grassland Grazer as a base (powdered dandelion, grass, flowers, etc plus a tortoise friendly compound that holds it together as a gel once water is added)
Finely chopped yellow squash for vitamin b, which he had been deficient in
Dried herbs, weeds, and grasses mix
a rotation of fresh leafy greens
Broccolini (fiber)
One or two blueberries per batch (lasts about a week with daily feeding) that have the juiced squeezed out to maximize fiber+ nutrients and minimize sugar
I should also note that because it is held together in a gel, the whole mix is 30-50% water and he is soaked weekly with a water dish in his enclosure
Alas, he still seems to be having issues going to the bathroom. Any suggestions/critiques?
Thank you

Bambam1989

East Texas
I am not familiar with the dietary requirements for this type.
But if your tort is constipated then I would switch to daily warm soaks(if this is a young tort I would suggest daily soaks anyways). Aloe vera and cactus are also good for keeping things moving.
Do you happen to have any "sticky weeds"(goose grass) growing in your area... I fed some to my tort (tiny bit) and the result was some super soft poop.

Northern California
Thanks, I was struggling to find uber high fiber foods on the internet but I forget...the foodnetwork.com us not going to suggest tortoise foods like aloe vera and grass as a high fiber food! I will add that to the mix :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
How often do you feed your tortoise and how often do you see feces being produced?
It's unusual for a tortoise to be constipated. Usually, the problem is the opposite of that. Their diet should consist primarily (75-80%) of good quality, dark leafy greens. A mix of quality vegetables, cactus pads and commercial foods can make up the rest of the diet.
Drinking water should always be available. Soaking is fine but should not take the place of available drinking water. Soaking is added insurance to hydration, that's all. In a case where a tortoise is constipated tempid or warm water soaking every other day may be beneficial in encouraging bowel movement.

Northern California
He eats and poops in roughly the right proportion, is fed every day and he has a water dish (I've never seen him in it though), the reason I worry about constipation is he seems to be having trouble actually going to the bathroom; pulling his head and arms in and his eyes are swelling.