Constipation/Impaction???

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
I've just found out that mineral oil in the uk is basically baby oil, and not to feed it to anything as its perfumed. Must be different in the US. Are there any UK members here who may know of an equivalent?

Cod Liver Oil. Some of us used to use this for supplementation years ago. As far as intestinal help pure virgin Olive oil should work as well. Put this on food.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Have you tried cucumber?
Torts love it. It doesn't have a lot of nutritional value so shouldn't be fed regularly but is good for hydration and has as a laxative effect .

I don't feed the skin or seeds but grate the flesh to a pulp so it acts faster.
Usually works a treat if my tort seems a bit slow to poop.

Bevluvsrats

London, UK
Hi all. Still nothing new to report from Pastie, have decided the best thing for her is the vet, so tomorrow we'll risk being fined for travelling and take her to see the vet. I'm thinking she's egg bound so possibly an injection of Oxy. Paws crossed all goes well please, and thanks for your suggestions.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi all. Still nothing new to report from Pastie, have decided the best thing for her is the vet, so tomorrow we'll risk being fined for travelling and take her to see the vet. I'm thinking she's egg bound so possibly an injection of Oxy. Paws crossed all goes well please, and thanks for your suggestions.

lots of luck! ??❤️
I will pray for your appointment to go smoothly.
Don’t worry...