Cool DVDs with Chacos, Malagasy Tortoises, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello everyone

Not sure if everyone knows about these cool dvds through the Behler Conservation Center. They talk about Ploughshares, Radiateds, Flat-taileds, Spiders, Chacos, rare turtles and tortoises, etc.

I have all 3 and I highly recommend these to my tortoiseforum homies. The proceeds support a good cause as well. Cheap too!

http://chelonianconservation.org/vi...e3001dc7bbe8=1998203f62f752d2d57738c42ef5cf55

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Totally cool!

I loved the short Plowshares video Yvonne posted a couple weeks ago. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is a full-blown thesis!

Can't order this instant as I am at school, but I will most definitely be ordering tonight!!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Politics really suck... sometimes... that used to be St. Cathrines Island... right here in Georgia... I think the move was good for the animals... and the new name very well dedicated.

gummybearpoop said:
Hello everyone

Not sure if everyone knows about these cool dvds through the Behler Conservation Center. They talk about Ploughshares, Radiateds, Flat-taileds, Spiders, Chacos, rare turtles and tortoises, etc.

I have all 3 and I highly recommend these to my tortoiseforum homies. The proceeds support a good cause as well. Cheap too!

http://chelonianconservation.org/vi...e3001dc7bbe8=1998203f62f752d2d57738c42ef5cf55

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
-EJ said:
Politics really suck... sometimes... that used to be St. Cathrines Island... right here in Georgia... I think the move was good for the animals... and the new name very well dedicated.

gummybearpoop said:
Hello everyone

Politics do suck...though I don't know the whole story behind "them closing down St. Catherine's Island". I also agree that it was a good move for the animals.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Basically... the lease was up and was not to be renewed. That is some really prime realestate. I'm acquainted with some of the people who went with the move... I actually gave it some thought when they were looking for keepers for the new place... the pay totally sucks but the opportunity is priceless.

The tortoises were hauled across the US in trailers... I know how that feels.

gummybearpoop said:
-EJ said:

gummybearpoop said:
Hello everyone

Politics do suck...though I don't know the whole story behind "them closing down St. Catherine's Island". I also agree that it was a good move for the animals.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Kymiie said:
Was that a shell that a tortoise had died and rotted away in the short trailer?
xx

I thought I heard the narrator say it "had been eaten"..ick, to say the least!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.