Cooper Needs Help! Vomiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
Yay I'm so happy he's better. I know I didn't really give any advise but I did follow your posts. Anyways congrats

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
looneybug said:
Yay I'm so happy he's better. I know I didn't really give any advise but I did follow your posts. Anyways congrats

Thank you! This is the 3rd scare I have had with him, and I hope the last, my heart can't take anymore scares or heartbreaks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Doing the happy dance:D Lucky you can't see it. Coopers just keeping you on your toes. Making sure your paying attention, that's all:p :D Stay warm and enjoy the day:)

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Ugh, my heart sank when I saw this post. I read everything in a panic, I am so so glad he's okay...

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Haha Barb! Yeah he is keeping me on my toes, and about to kill my last sane nerve! Lol!
Weda737: thank you, the support from you all help me get thru these things easier!
Have a good day! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok, I am hoping this is the end of this thread since he is acting like his old self now. So here are a couple pictures of him being happy sleeping/laying next to dad on the floor! I love my not so little guy!
He gave me the evil eye for wake'n him up to take a couple pictures, lol!
012313215747.jpg

Cooper_Jan23.jpg
Hope the pictures look halfway good. I just got a newer phone that a friend gave me cause my old phone is junk now.
His shell looks real dry but he gets a 30-50 minute bath a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
Well he may be giving the evil eye but he still gorgeous :). Glad he better I can't get over how big he is for his age. He looks amazing!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Shannon and Jason said:
Well he may be giving the evil eye but he still gorgeous :). Glad he better I can't get over how big he is for his age. He looks amazing!
Lol, thanks Shannon! Trust me, I can't get over his size either, and the breeder couldn't either. I'm happy/proud I have such a monster, but, being the worrier I am, I hope there will never be any bad problems from him growing so big so fast. I hate worry'n all the time, but that's just me I guess! :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You need to do what Cooper is doing, relaxing. He' a healthy monster. Pics are great! He kind of reminds me of my monster, Beasty Boy. He's 15 months and weights over 4 lbs now. I'll post some updates on him soon. Look for it. Best wishes to both of you.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Sibi, that's good advice for sure! I'm calmed down a lot now that he is fine. You got a good sized baby too! Ill be looking for your updates and pictures! Have a good weekend!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock got super sick like that and also threw up... Freaked Cathie right out!

Turned out the guy that lived under us had a hornet nest on the roof of his deck (the floor of mine) so he spray Hornet Killer all over the place... WalkingRock was only about 20 lbs then and spent 18 hours a day on the deck outside. He was sick till he threw up then it was like nothing was wrong! whole incident lasted about 24-36 hrs

Glad to hear Cooper is feeling better!

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
So glad to hear cooper is doing better - and I bet your nerves are at ease too! It's good that we have this forum to relate these experiences. Keep it up cooper and chris! Ryan and I are big fans!!

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
cemmons12 said:
Ok, I am hoping this is the end of this thread since he is acting like his old self now. So here are a couple pictures of him being happy sleeping/laying next to dad on the floor! I love my not so little guy!

Hope the pictures look halfway good. I just got a newer phone that a friend gave me cause my old phone is junk now.

Woah woah woah. Sorry but your 'not so little' Coop is only 23 months?! Sami is 3 & not even that big!! Anyway- I was following this thread too and am so very glad he is okay!

Oh sorry. I read a little bit further & am seeing he is just a monster for his age. Goodness!!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I can relate to the freaking out part for sure. You are right about the whole thing getting better once he was done throwing up. After he was done he layed with me in the living room, and later that night he ate and just got better really fast. I think I put him with me around 7:30am, and he didn't move untill about 8:30pm. I am so happy you had a good outcome with WalkingRock, he is one good looking tort! Id been mad as a hornet if I was you, but I am sure the guy meant no harm. Always so good to hear the happy ending storys!
Zamric said:
WalkingRock got super sick like that and also threw up... Freaked Cathie right out!

Turned out the guy that lived under us had a hornet nest on the roof of his deck (the floor of mine) so he spray Hornet Killer all over the place... WalkingRock was only about 20 lbs then and spent 18 hours a day on the deck outside. He was sick till he threw up then it was like nothing was wrong! whole incident lasted about 24-36 hrs

Glad to hear Cooper is feeling better!

KingInCulver said:
So glad to hear cooper is doing better - and I bet your nerves are at ease too! It's good that we have this forum to relate these experiences. Keep it up cooper and chris! Ryan and I are big fans!!
Thanks so much! And yeah, my nerves are much better, lol! And I couldn't thank Josh enough for this forum, I wish I had the money to donate to help with the forum. If I ever hit the lottery, this with be my first place to donate money for sure! Thanks for you kind words and support, it means a lot to me and anyone that is going thru a bad time. Have a good weekend!! :)

Zabbi0 said:
cemmons12 said:

Woah woah woah. Sorry but your 'not so little' Coop is only 23 months?! Sami is 3 & not even that big!! Anyway- I was following this thread too and am so very glad he is okay!

Oh sorry. I read a little bit further & am seeing he is just a monster for his age. Goodness!!!!

Lol, yeah for some reason he is a 23 month old monster. How big is your Sami? Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me! I will have to search your threads for pics of Sami. :)

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I don't have any new pics of Sami. The default is an old pic and old enclosure. I should update that soon. She is 3yrs and much much smaller. Only 7-8 inches or so and I am not sure about weight. I need to get a scale. She was not well taken care of her 1st year and when I got her her 2nd year I was learning. I finally got everything down when she was about 2 1/2yrs old.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I know this is late, but I'm SO glad Cooper is back to is happy self! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Lizzy: I am glad your tort is doing good now! Yeah post some pictures and get a scale.
Chainsawkitten: thank you, it was a very stressful day but all is great now! :)

Vegasarah

5 Year Member
I just keep going back to that picture of Cooper... I cannot wrap my mind around how BIG he is! I mean Squirt's only 12 months old and I thought he was growing well. Till I saw Coop! How many inches across is he?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Sarah: trust me when I say I am sure yours is growing just fine, and I just measured Cooper and he is 16 inches front to back and 12 inches from side to side. He should not be no where near this size, but he is for some reason. :p Since his 2 year old birthday is in a week or so I am gonna go ahead and weigh him tomorrow since I already have him measured. :)
Lynne: HI! Haven't heard from you in awhile! :( Thanks for the well wishes for sure. That day had me in tears a few times. Just the sound he was making when he was getting sick I still can't get out of my head. Like a nightmare from hell! He is watching me write these messages now the little brat! Have a great Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.