Cooper & Ophelia's 1st spring day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
So since we had a 75 degree day I took my kid's outside for the 1st time since winter started. Cooper had a blast and ate everything in sight. Ophelia on the other hand is so scared of everything she didn't seem to enjoy herself much. I just hope I can earn her trust and maybe someday she will be a little more like Cooper.
IMG_20120313_160300.jpg Ophelia
IMG_20120313_154320.jpg Cooper
I love my kids!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
they look great....cooper is so big and handsome :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
They are gorgeous!! I love that I can start taking my tortoise outside again. :) Can't wait until weeds start growing! ;)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks everybody! I am so happy I can take them outside. I have been talking to Cooper all winter telling him we would go out as soon as it got above 70, LOL! Today he sat in the same general spot for 10 minutes eating everything he could. Then he would follow me around grab'n a bite about every other step. He cracks me up. So far Ophelia still has not ate anything from outside. I worry about her... She hasnt been eating very good for the last month or so.
Have a good day everyone! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yaaaayyyyyy! great pics Chris...Coop is absolutely handsome and Ms Ophelia will be booking about chowing down before long...especially once she understands what the gig is all about...lol....:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks u all! I can't wait till we get moved so I can make them their own outdoor place where I don't have to stand right there with them. I love spending time with them, but I can't even just walk to the garage for a few cause I am afraid they will be gone if I don't keep an eye on them. Plus if Cooper finds any bright color'd rocks he thinks they r food so I have to watch him like a hawk! Question tho, in the pics, can anybody tell what kind of plant that is by Cooper and Ophelia on the ground? He just loves eating whatever it is and I just want to be sure its safe for him to eat! Thanks again!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I know the pics are not very good of the grass area, but can anyone tell what that stuff is? Cooper eats it like crazy. Maybe I can get a better pic if I need to. I just want to make sure Cooper isn't eating something bad! Thank you all so much!!! :)
IMG_20120315_200600.jpg
Another pic of the stuff. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The weed with the blue flower might be veronica filiformis - edible

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
emysemys said:
The weed with the blue flower might be veronica filiformis - edible
Thanks Yvonne! Yeah there are like blue, white, and purple flowers on some of them. I know he loves the stuff! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is just such a beauty! I hope the warm weather makes her ick back into the eating habit. :tort:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Jacqui said:
She is just such a beauty! I hope the warm weather makes her ick back into the eating habit. :tort:

Thanks a lot! Me too! She did so good for the 1st few months and now she just seems to eat enough to stay alive and that's it. Worries me to death......

Status
Not open for further replies.