Crazy about rice

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Wow, he's REALLY getting after it! DAAAAAANG...

He might sit in a corner for a few days after his stomach catches up with his mouth but you're right, he's nuts about it!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You know what Matilda is looking at, right G?

Naw, she never even walked over and investigated.....she went in for the night. I'll put some that I have soaking out for her @ 2AM when we get up.....she's always hungry in the mornings!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hey guys……just wondering if the “nutrients” in white rice is something to explore. It’s not a very natural food - at least cooked & strained like I’m guessing you are serving. You might be teasing your boxies into eating something (soft, mushy, nutrient free) — instead of much healthier food choices?

Where’s that phrase, you are what you eat. 😀

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey guys……just wondering if the “nutrients” in white rice is something to explore. It’s not a very natural food - at least cooked & strained like I’m guessing you are serving. You might be teasing your boxies into eating something (soft, mushy, nutrient free) — instead of much healthier food choices?

Max gets a wide variety of healthy foods. I just tried the rice to see if he would eat it. Also a great way to add calcium supplement to his diet.

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
You know what Matilda is looking at, right G?

Naw, she never even walked over and investigated.....she went in for the night. I'll put some that I have soaking out for her @ 2AM when we get up.....she's always hungry in the mornings!
That’s funny, you just never know how they will react from one day to the next.

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama

Nutrients in 1 cup of white rice
  • Calories: 242
  • Fat: 0.4g
  • Sodium: 0mg
  • Carbohydrates: 53.4g
  • Fiber: 0.6g
  • Sugars: 0g
  • Protein: 4.4g
  • Manganese:0.7mg
  • Iron: 2.7mg
  • Thiamin: 0.3mg