Crazy Story About A Missing MEP

ScottAudette

10 Year Member!
So, two years ago we had one of our infamous tortoise breakouts. Sadly at that time we didn't recover them all. BUT as of LAST NIGHT that has changed!

Last night while I was showering to head out to services with the family there was a knock at the front door from our across the lake neighbors. It seems there was large tortoise munching its way through some of another neighbors caladiums. Now across the lake is in reality is about a football field and half not very far at all. So, this tort was doing a pretty good job of laying low.

My wife Jennifer, ran their phone to me in the shower and sure enough it was the missing tortoise. It has a scar on its back from battling with another tort so it's pretty obvious.

A quick ride over confirmed the that it was him/her (we aren't sure which) although MUCH bigger then the last time we saw it.

So, Lucky as it is now known is back in the MEGA pen with others! Following that break we hired a contractor to helps us build a 1500 sq ft space for them. To say we were beyond shocked is an understatement! Crazy!

lucky_1.jpg

Attachments

• lucky_2.jpg
    lucky_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

ScottAudette

10 Year Member!
Free ranging Manouria, scary but interesting to hear about. I guess you need a bigger back yard, a much bigger backyard. Me too.

My group has a fairly good size space now. I have a single pair in a enclosure of about 1500 sq ft well, plus a guest for now! At the time were just starting the build on the bigger pen and they had figured out how to bust the galvanized steel on the smaller one.

But he/she has AMAZING growth lines and looks fantastic. So, we are just thrilled to have it home! But our days free ranging manouria are over! LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Man o man. . . you are one lucky person! If you post a picture of the tortoise's underside including the tail and gular, we can tell you male or female.

ScottAudette

10 Year Member!
I'm pretty sure its a male as well. That being said I now have 2.1 . Anyone got an adult female for sale?