crested gecko shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Here's my Hans shedding his skin last night. I thought it was cute that he looked like he's wearing a hoodie.
He's calmed down a lot in a last few months and put on some weight, growing to catch up with Jolie.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

Madortoise

5 Year Member
No comment? What a bummer....I get excited about sharing; perhaps I should start posting on gecko sites. boo hoo.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern cal.
hey! ive never seen this thread before! I think its neat how they eat their shed. Did you notice him brighten up after the shed??

Madortoise

5 Year Member
dreadyA said:
hey! ive never seen this thread before! I think its neat how they eat their shed. Did you notice him brighten up after the shed??

Yeah! 2 responses! Thank you!!

Yes, he's got the same color scheme as when he was 3 months old - striped Harlequin but getting deeper in hues of orange & cocoa. The other one I got later (Jolie) was creamy color Harlequin Dalmatian but interestingly s/he's become a crone of Hans with dots. :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
You gotta post some day time pics Mado! I LOVE looking at cresteds. :)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
great photos, i'm with meg... lets see some day-time shots

Madortoise

5 Year Member
It took me long enough... :p

Hans and Jules (formerly known as Jolie)...
DSC01670.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01883-1.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

Jules_hemi2.jpg

Jules_Vent.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

Some pix of old and new terrarium set ups/experiment w/a home-made fog machine, the evidence of Jolie being Jules...etc.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
dreadyA said:
Great looking cresties, mado!

Thank you! I love them. They're so fun and I think I'm doing a pretty good job taking care of them so far. Temp control has been challenging with this heat wave we're experiencing in LA.
I came home today and the tank was way over 80 degrees I had to air out and mist the tank until it went down in temp. I think I'll have to check back on them tomorrow lunch time. I may invest in a little clip on fan for the tank.
:shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.