Critique my Tortoise Table Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
msowsun said:
The ZooMed 10.0 has straight tubes not "curly" tubes. Is this kind better? or is it still considered a compact?

As far as I'm aware, all of the compact type bulbs have the same issues.

msowsun

10 Year Member!
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
OK thanks. Should I consider moving the MVB closer to the middle? I don't like the idea of the tortoise spending time at the other end without UVB rays. Or maybe I could get a second MVB?

Any suggestions?

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
msowsun said:
OK thanks. Should I consider moving the MVB closer to the middle? I don't like the idea of the tortoise spending time at the other end without UVB rays. Or maybe I could get a second MVB?

Any suggestions?

You really only need 1 MVB. MVB at the right distances (no closer than 12" and no more than like 18-20") provide plenty of UVB for reptiles.

They don't need to be under it all day. They should be basking regularly. In the morning to warm up, maybe after they eat, later in the day etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
msowsun said:
emysemys said:
it shortens the life of an MVB to have it hang at an angle.

Does that also apply to regular UVB fluorescent bulbs? or just Mercury Vapor Bulbs? (MVB)

Just the MVB

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That's a REALLY nice and spacious tortoise table! Sorry if it's been answered already - but is that a retired kids bed?

Neat design... I really do like it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the size of it. I too think it needs some greenery and a little more moisture for humidity. How about a humid hide box? That would go a long way toward pyramiding prevention.

Nice job on giving your tort the best.

msowsun

10 Year Member!
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
SnakeyeZ said:
That's a REALLY nice and spacious tortoise table! Sorry if it's been answered already - but is that a retired kids bed?

Yes, it is the upper bunk of a bunk bed set so it has high sides. One side is low and when I cut the plywood for the bottom, I saved a piece to fill in the low side against the wall. I will add that piece when she gets bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.