Critter nation indoor enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliriyanna

5 Year Member
I have been researching tortoises and I noticed the smallest indoor habitat for a Russian tortoise is the 75 gallon which I calculated is 864 sq inches ... I then calculated the floor space of the critter nation and its the exact same. I have a cement mixing tub to hold substrate and I would put up opaque siding.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

I bring up this idea mainly because I already have a critter nation

theelectraco

5 Year Member
That works also, but I would personally keep the shelf for added space. Are you getting(or already have) a hatchling? That would be plenty big for a hatching, but if your getting a larger one I would utilize the extra space.

Humidity may be an issue also.

Elliriyanna

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:
That works also, but I would personally keep the shelf for added space. Are you getting(or already have) a hatchling? That would be plenty big for a hatching, but if your getting a larger one I would utilize the extra space.

Humidity may be an issue also.

I am very far from being ready for a tortoise ... I am actually REALLY wanting an eastern box turtle since they are native to my region and I just have a soft spot for them. But I keep finding conflicting information for the size of the indoor pen

As for making it safe for them that's no problem I have an old man rat and everything is kinda set up for safety

Also I am TERRIFIED to get a hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.