tortoiseguru44

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Is it possible to cross breed?
Example- breed a redfoot with a lepord.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
There are also hybrids between Redfoots and Radiateds. I have seen them at least 3 times personally. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thats a good question. ive been wantin to ask that. aldabra w/ radiated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Aldabra x radiated would probably not work unless it was done by artificial insemination. The adult sizes are too different for that to be a likely outcome. A mature Radiated could never breed a mature female Aldabra, and vise versa. I also meant to mention that I have seen hybrids between South African leopards and sulcattas. They all went overseas. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Aldabra X Galap maybe. Size and courtship rituals would be deciding factors. My question is why would you do it?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
tortoiseguru44 said:
Because i wanna mix a rf wiyh a lepord
Among other problems (ie husbandry discrepances, risk of cross contmination of microorganisms) the courtship ritual of the different species is not compatable. Even the likelihood of crossing a RF with YF would be difficult because of these rituals let alone crossing torts from two different continents and habitat. I suggest if you wish to breed stay within species.

Status
Not open for further replies.