Cut Sulcata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
I gave Percy a soak and I realized he had a little pink on the side of his neck. It looked like a cut even though the "blood" wasn't red - it was pink??

Should I be worried about this? The "bleeding" was always minimal and has definitely stopped and I have no idea how he got it.

But the area is still pink like it is a little stripe on the side of his head/neck.

I have tried to take a picture to show yall but he won't keep his neck out far enough with the camera around.

Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
janiedough said:
I gave Percy a soak and I realized he had a little pink on the side of his neck. It looked like a cut even though the "blood" wasn't red - it was pink??

Should I be worried about this? The "bleeding" was always minimal and has definitely stopped and I have no idea how he got it.

Thanks!

A good rule of thumb is: If you saw this same thing on one of your children what would you do? Should you just offer first aid or does it seem severe enough to visit the doctor?

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I only have ever had a water turtle that has had an injury similar. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it once and just watched him. It healed fine. I'd just keep and eye on him, he could have scratched or cut it on something he rubbed his neck on or even with a claw?

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
I don't know - it is looking a little better - I gave him a soak and it was real apparent then.
And then he pooped in the water so I don't think that will be good to keep out infection - I will watch it. I have antibiotic ointment and wasn't sure if it was ok to use it - I will give it a try though!

I don't have kids, but I will use that standard Yvonne!

Thanks yall - I am really trying to avoid bringing him to the vet until I get out of school in two weeks and can work for moneys to pay the vet.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Janiedough, I would use the antibiotic ointment on it just before a soak, this will keep it covered so that nothing gets into it. You might even want to decrease the amount of water you soak him in so that it does not touch the cut, depending on were on his neck it is. Just a thought.

Kiki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lansing, MI
I would clean the cut before applying the ointment. You can probably clean it with normal saline and then apply the antibiotic ointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.