Cuteness alert/ raising water plants from seeds

Rachael403

Location (City and/or State)
NE, USA
I wish I would have had a camera handy last night. I went to check temps, make sure everyone was okay, etc. before bed. The male painted turtle was dead asleep on his docking area. It was the cutest thing ever. Once he figured out he had company, he really fought to wake up. He got some head pets before he got sleepy enough again that he was fighting to keep his eyes open. It was nice to see him so comfortable with me and in his new area. Its only been 3 days since he came to live with us, so I feel like we are bonding well.

He was only being fed mealworms, so getting him started on a balanced diet is a little rough. He did eat some dandelion greens, red leaf lettuce, and some clover with his protein this morning. I was super excited.

I also bought some water plant seeds a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone raised water plants from seeds? Any advice would be awesome. Even if none of them grow, it will still be fun to try.

Rachael403

Location (City and/or State)
NE, USA
The seeds never came. I live in small town nowhere where we do not get the mail at our home. I assumed they were at the PO box, but they weren't. Who knows what happened to my seeds. I may just buy some plants in the near future. Any turtle favorites that I need to know about? I have seen the safe plants list, it's just deciding which ones to get.