D.I.Y indoor table build... gonna be a lot of questions!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
Awesome!!! How/what did you (use to) attach it? I'm a proud new owner of my first tort and have many more questions, bear with me.

way hey :) , welcome to the forum:)

I used a staple gun but am going to add plexiglass panels so there is no risk of a staple coming loose and becoming a hazard.

what kind of tort do you have?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
just a final check on strip light, ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1444325379.269007.jpg

it is purely to brighten up enclosure. safe enough on the eyes?

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Any and all knowledge would be greatly appreciated... I'm on overload trying to soak up as much as possible... Would you know why am not able to upload pics to my album?
Several of us have been having trouble uploading to our albums, they are working on it.
We also have a sully and are trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible and this forum has been wonderful for that!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
soo ALMOST there!!! finally lol. plexi for back wall was delivered broken:(

tomorrows job is to at a thermal hat and lightning set up. the end is in sight:)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
things I have learned if it'll benift anyone, to drill a hole in plexiglass, put drill in reverse and slow speed... essentially 'melts' through it.

saved us around £20 when ordering by doing ourselves.

i lack power in my dominant hand so struggle sometimes with inserting screws, top tip.... drag thread of screw across a bar of soap, essentially lubricates and makes things a bit easier:)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
lighting tackled, once hight has been established fittings will be secured with hanggin hook for flex, and flex held in place by wrapping over a cable tiying' to beam. then S hooks and chains suspending as a 'fail safe'

all sound safe enough? all criticism welcome:)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1444570358.596976.jpg