Dandelions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Hey Yall! I am stumped on finding dandelions :(! They are supposedly a wild flower in the central florida area but I can't find it anywhere. So if anyone would be willing to ship me some dandelion seeds that would be great. I dont know if you want me to pay you or not but I do not have a paypal credit card or anything since I am fifteen. Also could you just put them in a letter because I think that would be a lot cheaper than anything else. Thank you

p.s mods if this is in the wrong place please move it to the correct place thanks!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Marty333 said:
Hey Yall! I am stumped on finding dandelions :(! They are supposedly a wild flower in the central florida area but I can't find it anywhere. So if anyone would be willing to ship me some dandelion seeds that would be great. I dont know if you want me to pay you or not but I do not have a paypal credit card or anything since I am fifteen. Also could you just put them in a letter because I think that would be a lot cheaper than anything else. Thank you

p.s mods if this is in the wrong place please move it to the correct place thanks!

When I do a Google search for dandelion seeds, I find several sources. Try that, Marta. I understand that they need cool temps to germinate. I have a few of them in my yard, but it's cold here and they're taking a rest.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
They also need light to germinate, don't cover them with dirt. I tried a few times to grow them, but they wouldn't. Then I started just blowing the seeds on to the top of my pot and now I have about 50 growing!

If I can find some at school before they mow the weeds, I mean grass, I will try to save them for you. Nothing is sprayed at our school because of the kiddos. We can't even spray the ants, we have to use baby powder.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Torty Mom said:
They also need light to germinate, don't cover them with dirt. I tried a few times to grow them, but they wouldn't. Then I started just blowing the seeds on to the top of my pot and now I have about 50 growing!

If I can find some at school before they mow the weeds, I mean grass, I will try to save them for you. Nothing is sprayed at our school because of the kiddos. We can't even spray the ants, we have to use baby powder.
that would be great!!!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have them in my yard PM me your address and I will send them. No charge. It might take a few days to find a fluffy one, but I picked flowers this morning so I am sure I can find some seeds soon.
We had a nice rain and now it is sunny so my weeds a doing fabulous :)

Badgemash

5 Year Member
Slightly off topic (ok completely) but how does baby powder work on ants?

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
If you don't get any from anyone else let me know. Here in San Diego I have an abundance of them. I pick at least 5 puff balls a day to blow into my planters and outdoor enclosure. I will gladly send you some in a letter, just let me know.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
Badgemash said:
Slightly off topic (ok completely) but how does baby powder work on ants?

it keeps them from chaffing of course!! :p

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Baby powder works like diatomaceous earth(they use for fleas) Basically it dehydrates them, so they die.
Non toxic (both of them)
It's a funny thread to see Marty wanting us to ship her dandelions, people here in Mass pay big bucks to have none!! (Not me I love them too) In fact I was at a horse thing last weekend and they had some Huge ones, I was running around saying I am saving these for my torts!! They thought I was touched!
Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.