Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know if these pictures are good enough for an i.d., but they were all lined up against the fence this a.m., taking the sun, and a perfect photo op. There are only 5 left, as I've adopted out all of the rest of them. The big girl on the far right almost out of the picture has previously been i.d.'d as T.h.h. So I'm only looking to i.d. the four on the left.

Russians6-09.jpg

Russians-2-6-09.jpg

Russians-3-6-09.jpg

The third one from the left suffers from previous poor care and because of the deformity might be kind of hard to i.d.

Yvonne

After seeing the pictures in the post, I realize I'll need to take better pictures. Sorry, Danny.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The pictures are just fine Yvonne :D They are all T.h.horsfieldii.

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ALRIGHT!!! That's what I was hoping for. I saved the five that I THOUGHT were Thh and adopted out all the rest. So now my pen is PURE!!!

Yvonne

I really didn't think you would be able to tell on the deformed one. Thanks so much.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Was this the only sunny spot in the yard? Because they all right beside one another, like they are in a football huddle. Planning their next move.. lol.. If it wasn't the only sunny spot, I wonder why they chose to stand by each other and bask in the sun?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, early morning the rest of the yard is shaded by a large palo verde tree, so when they first wake up they line up along the fence, usually with one front leg and the corresponding back leg up on the fence putting them at an angle for better sun absorption.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww such a cute little bunch. I too am excited to find out what subspecies Trevor is someday. I think they are really tough to tell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.