Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@HermanniChris - Please help me to I.D. my latest rescue:

2018 Rescue #25 a.jpg 2018 Rescue #25 b.jpg 2018 Rescue #25 c.jpg

The people who turned this (Hermanni??????) in took him in 10 years ago from a friend who could no longer keep him. He has lived the past 10 years in an aquarium eating mainly romaine lettuce, but occasional other veg, like tomatoes, zucchini, etc. . . but mainly romaine. He's very small (in my mind) for plus 10 years of age, at only about 5" SCL, but looks pretty good otherwise. The beak is slightly overgrown, but the shell is nice and his eyes are bright and shiny. He's active and smelling everything on the ground in his new quarantine yard.

The tortoise will be ready for adoption in two weeks - after I'm satisfied he's healthy and he's eating well. I offer no fee adoptions, however, I do need to come to your house and take a look at the area where you want the tortoise to live. I look for a secure fence that the tortoise can't see through, gates that close tightly, no dogs in the tortoise area, no in-the-ground pool in the tortoise area, plenty of shade, nice plantings for eating and hiding.

Because I like to do a yard inspection, I limit adoptions to folks in my general geographical area.

BradKitty

Hello I’d love for you to come look at my yard in Visalia and I’d be happy to take you to lunch before or after and talk torts with you! I will be back in town in two weeks.

Cat