Darwin's new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
So Darwin moved out of his 40 gallon tank and into his 75 gallon tank. He likes it so much he wanted me to show you some pictures of it. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• tank8.JPG
    tank8.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • tank5.JPG
    tank5.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 81
  • Tank1.JPG
    Tank1.JPG
    985.7 KB · Views: 75

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
1 major suggestion...
Tell your friend who gave you the 75gallon to give one to me, too!! ;)

No, seriously. It looks good and that extra space was probably overdue. Does he have an outdoor home as well?

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Team Gomberg said:
1 major suggestion...

No, seriously. It looks good and that extra space was probably overdue. Does he have an outdoor home as well?

Haha! I just hope I have someone give me a 150 gallon in a few months when Darwin out grows this one. No I don't have an outside enclosure yet but I take him outside most days!

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
CourtneyG said:
What are the plants you have? Want to plant some stuff in my torts indoor home.

I have Grass, Palms, Rosemary, Sage and I think its called Mother n law tongue? (Note) the Rosemary is great! It smells so good and when you open the tank you smell that instead of the musty damp smell.

TortyTom said:
Team Gomberg said:
1 major suggestion...

Haha! I just hope I have someone give me a 150 gallon in a few months when Darwin out grows this one. No I don't have an outside enclosure yet but I take him outside most days!

Also I would check into getting some FERNS. I have read that they are safe and I think they would thrive in the warm humid environment. That's what I will be getting next!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks great. I would work on an outdoor enclosure though. He is looking a little big to be inside. Great decorating you've done. Hope he doesn't destroy it :D

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
wellington said:
Looks great. I would work on an outdoor enclosure though. He is looking a little big to be inside. Great decorating you've done. Hope he doesn't destroy it :D

I think I have the only Sully in the world that takes pride in his enclosure. lol He never destroys or tramples his plants??? Knock on wood. lol

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
I don't want to be a Debbie downer but the Mother In Law's Tongue, or alligator plant, is probably not best in an enclosure! It's listed as toxic on the plant database.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
wellington said:
Knocking on wood. Hope you didn't just jinx it:)

I know, right? Haha!

alysciaingram said:
I don't want to be a Debbie downer but the Mother In Law's Tongue, or alligator plant, is probably not best in an enclosure! It's listed as toxic on the plant database.

Thank you for your concern. 90% of my research says it's safe! Other 10% says toxic as a food source. Either way he pays it no mind and has never even taken a nibble. But thanks for looking out for me. That's one of the things I love about this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.