New Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
A friend gave me a 75 gallon tank so I moved Darwin out of his 40 gallon and into the new one. In the 40 gallon tank, when the light went off at night the temps stayed within range but in the larger tank they are falling. I just ordered a 150 watt CHE to maintain night time temps. Will the 150w CHE be fine in the 75 gallon tank?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Will it be on a thermostat? I use a single Che to heat my enclosure at night and it is roughly an 80gallon (by dimensions) closed chamber.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Mine is a closed chamber as well. I have not thought about a thermostat? Hummm? How would I rig that up and where would I get one?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
It's easy to set up. Mine has a heating plug and a humidity plug, I have a fogger hooked up the the humidity outlet and a Che hooked to the heating outlet. Set the temps and humidity you want on the dial and its done. I got mine clearanced at petsmart but you can find a lot online for cheap.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I paid $28 roughly for my thermostat by Hydrofarm. I love it. Plug it into the wall, plug the CHE into it and put the probe in the one corner of the tank while the CHE is on the other.
Set the thermostat to 80F (your desired temp) and forget it :)

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
That one would work, but it is only up to 500 watts you may want one for up to 1000 watts, depending on your fixture. Look around on Amazon for "reptile thermostat" or "portable thermostat"

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Thanks a lot guys! It's nice to be able to come here and get the answers I need. I will search around for the right one. PEACE out!

Status
Not open for further replies.