Dear Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

5 Year Member
My son came home with this Snapper and put it in my pond. I took it out and put him in a container to return to the canal the next morning. The next morning I found a sticky note. Dear Mom, Thanks for the new home. Love, Snappy. I don't think so!

I actually caught a pic of two of the three pond turtles with heads out.

Attachments

• IMG_4395.JPG
    IMG_4395.JPG
    760.5 KB · Views: 48
  • snappy.jpg
    snappy.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 40

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Your existing turtles are lucky you found the snapper and got it out. They're pretty mean. In a small pond I wouldn't hold out much hope for the heath (read life) of your turtles.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Glad you got it out of your pond, would have been stressful for your turtles..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL....Fantastic try--A for effort huh? also, kudos to your son for being able to get him...transport him...release him into your pond...and still have all of his fingers...LOL :D

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My pond is a little larger than yours and I have a pair of common snappers that hatched here in 2007 that live with the other local water turtles (RES, Red Bellies, Painted) with no problems, They eat the pelleted food that I feed the rest of them,They don't get nasty until you remove them from the water. Len

Mel

5 Year Member
Well he did seem to have rather docile behavior if left at a safe non threatening distance but I have an 11 yr old and 3 small Yorkies. Bye-bye Snappy!

Status
Not open for further replies.