desert tortoise sounds

rshair69

Location (City and/or State)
NV
so I have a nevada desert tortoise and she has started making sounds, being kind of a new mommy I was wondering what sounds might mean

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
so I have a nevada desert tortoise and she has started making sounds, being kind of a new mommy I was wondering what sounds might mean
Hello and welcome to the TFO. I don't really have info on your type of tortoise. There are places you can go on this site though that may already answer your questions for a desert tortoise. Best wishes. In the meantime think about what kind of sound is she making...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We definetly need to know what type of sounds. An audio fecording would be great. Oh by the way greetings! & welcome to the forum.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Can we get some pictures and possibly a recording of the sounds? Welcome to the site!:)

Coco Channell

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Las vegas
My Pixie first made bark like small dog when I told her no sternly not to dig under concrete fence I was shocked she must of spent first 11 years with dogs Now she says thank you if we give her a strawberry or treat she likes It a little bark Once a roof tile fell on her foot and she cried out Desert tortoises make sounds and know their name and come when called Our Pixie is like a little dog. Very smart