Diamond back terrapin question

mitchellr

5 Year Member
Hi guys! I have questions to ask about DBT. Is DBT such a hardy species to keep? I heard that you have to use brackish water so that it doesnt get any fungal infection. Is it true? Im offered a baby DBT and im considering it.

Thanks peeps!

turtledan77

No, you do not need to use brackish water if the baby was captive bred. It will do just fine in freshwater. If it was wild caught, you will want to consider using brackish water. I love DBT and believe they are the best turtle species out there. So friendly and personable. I do have a few available if you are looking for them :)

mitchellr

5 Year Member
No, you do not need to use brackish water if the baby was captive bred. It will do just fine in freshwater. If it was wild caught, you will want to consider using brackish water. I love DBT and believe they are the best turtle species out there. So friendly and personable. I do have a few available if you are looking for them :)

Would love to take it from you but im in indonesia unfortunately. However, im confused about the subspecies. Whats best? Is norther dbt nice?