Digital Hydrometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Edit: Is it Hygrometer or Hydrometer? My iTouch changes it to Hydrometer...

So I'm building a new enclosure for my torts and was wondering what the best type of digital hydrometer would be best to buy? I've been reading reviews on some and so far I haven't found anything too great.

Thanks!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
It's hygrometer. A hydrometer measure the specific gravity of a liquid. A hygrometer measures relative air humidity. Most low cost digital hygrometers found in Wal-Mart, Lowe's and similar stores are acurate enough for tortoise keeping purposes. Stay away from non-scientific grade mechanical hygrometers, they're notoriously inaccurate.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
GBtortoises said:
It's hygrometer. A hydrometer measure the specific gravity of a liquid. A hygrometer measures relative air humidity. Most low cost digital hygrometers found in Wal-Mart, Lowe's and similar stores are acurate enough for tortoise keeping purposes. Stay away from non-scientific grade mechanical hygrometers, they're notoriously inaccurate.

Thank you for the correct spelling and the suggestion on where to get one! We have a lowes down the street so I will go pick one up from there tomorrow:)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.