Distracted with Hermann Tort Food :S

Mango_the_Tortoise

Hi guys, I am absolutely distracted looking up and down websites to try and find food for my Hermann's Tortoise. It is impossible to grow anything in my garden as it just ends up dying and I am wondering if there is any way that fresh food for torts can be bought online in the UK. He is slightly pyramiding (but got him like that) and I don't want him to get any worse. He is sprayed one to two times a day with a mist but is extremely picky about his food and wont eat it unless there is a grape on top (previous owner fed him on a grape a day) and I don't want him to starve :(
Help is needed lol :confused: :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
can you find rocket salad in your stores? by the by a healthy tortoise will not starve itself.

Mango_the_Tortoise

Hi, I can get things like rocket, romanie lettuce and crisp lettuce (the purple and green lettuce). Will they do?

Kori5

The best thing for him would be weeds like dandelions plantain clover etc. They grow everywhere. But in winter months buy raddichio ( mine loves it) endive rocket lambs lettuce. I wouldn't feed him lettuce as it has no nutrition. Can you get some Mazuri? I see you are in the UK, shelled warriors shop sells Nutrazu, Europe version of Mazuri.

Kori5

Yes they are hard for smaller tortoises. Soak them in little water so they take all the water and then offer him. You can even make a paste and put it on his greens. I have a picky one and that's how I do it. And buy a good fine grind calcium powder, Nutrobal is a good one. Use it three times a week :). Don't worry, he will eat, they are stubborn and get addicted to jummy food like grapes and tomatoes. Don't give him it anymore.