Do you kiss your tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenazfehu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puget Sound
For a long time now, when I take Neenyo outside or bring him inside, I kiss him on top of his head. I told my husband, and he said "why?"

I don't know! Because Neenyo is adorable?

In the past, Neenyo would pull his head as deep into his shell as he could, but now he lets me kiss him.:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't kiss any of my animals, sounds a little gross to me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I do, every day. He is sooooo cute. He loves it too, he told me so:p:D. I kiss most of my animals. Dog, cat, bird, lizard and the torts. I don't kiss my fish, frogs or hermit crab.

dmmj said:
I don't kiss any of my animals, sounds a little gross to me.

Not gross at all. If you think about it, French kissing sounds gross. However, most of us do that:p:D

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Heck, I kiss snakes/toads/turtles I find out in my yard or when I'm out in the woods.

I'm a lover, lol.

Yes, I kiss all my animals!

Never been a problem or gotten sick or anything. I used to kiss all the frogs I'd catch when I was kid, too. Freaked my mom right out.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I dont kiss Cooper, but when I put him up for the night I pick him up and he will stick his head all the way out and rub his face on my nose. He has been doing this for around 10 months now. Ophelia just pulls her head all the way in.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Look at it from the tortoises point of view... They're being picked up and put up close to a very large mouth. For some reason I dont think that's appealing to them. Lol

Reactions: GSM

Snowqueen75

5 Year Member
I know for a fact if I kissed my two they would bite me, they think I'm food as it is, to be honest they think everything Is food lol

MechanicMatt

5 Year Member
Whenever i pick my russian up i'll give her butterfly kisses and she'll poke her head out at me and bop me on the nose. Hasn't decided to try and eat me yet, but i'm sure, one day she will. Haha

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Carl's a little too tiny to give any kisses to. He's FINALLY getting to the point where he'll leave his head out to let me scratch it a bit, instead of pulling it into his shell as soon as he feels my finger :) Baby steps, with this one.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
There are many things in this world that I love, adore, live for, whatever, without feeling the need to kiss. My tortoises are among those wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.