Do You Like Football?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello. How many of you here at the forum like football? I LOVE it. (Here, I do not mean American football). Those who do like it, must be following the European Champions matches. I watched...... BAYERN :<3: MUNICH's match last night against Dynamo Zagreb. It ended 5-0 for MIGHTY BAYERN, with three out of five goals scored by....'Levagol' (or Lewandovski). If you follow GERMAN :<3: football, then you must know that BAYERN beat Volwsburg 5-1 in their last match in the 'Bundeslinga' and ALL FIVE GOALS were scored by LEVAGOL! Since then, he's become a hero in Germany, though I keep wondering: ' Why does Guardiola keep him on the bench?' Is he not a professional? Does he not score enough goals? Here he is celebrating one of the three goals.

2CE9669000000578-3254083-Poacher_Lewandowski_scored_his_team_s-a-19_1443566522926.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yes. However, that is soccer here.
Fair enough. Notice I did say in my post: 'I don't mean American football,' as I was expecting a post like yours!:D (Please don't misunderstand my words Ed. I didn't mean bad, ok? The name of the sport is not the issue).:)

Do you like it? I would expect a 'NO.' Correct?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
In all fairness. Soccer doesn't really get shown much on television here and American football isn't a very widespread sport.
Soccer DOES seem to be gathering momentum recently here, but it wont be called "football", ever.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I watched quite a bit of football(or soccer ;) ) during the PanAm games this year and found enjoying it. Hardly know the rules, but it was entertaining and was fun to root for the people :D
I don't watch to many sports.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello. How many of you here at the forum like football? I LOVE it. (Here, I do not mean American football). Those who do like it, must be following the European Champions matches. I watched...... BAYERN :<3: MUNICH's match last night against Dynamo Zagreb. It ended 5-0 for MIGHTY BAYERN, with three out of five goals scored by....'Levagol' (or Lewandovski). If you follow GERMAN :<3: football, then you must know that BAYERN beat Volwsburg 5-1 in their last match in the 'Bundeslinga' and ALL FIVE GOALS were scored by LEVAGOL! Since then, he's become a hero in Germany, though I keep wondering: ' Why does Guardiola keep him on the bench?' Is he not a professional? Does he not score enough goals? Here he is celebrating one of the three goals.

2CE9669000000578-3254083-Poacher_Lewandowski_scored_his_team_s-a-19_1443566522926.jpg
I love football, though my team, is rubbish right now. (Leeds United).
I always take a holiday for the World Cup and watch every game, whatever the time of day.
But I prefer cricket and rugby, nowadays.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I love football, though my team, is rubbish right now. (Leeds United).
I always take a holiday for the World Cup and watch every game, whatever the time of day.
But I prefer cricket and rugby, nowadays.
I agree wit you: I LOVE football; as I said. But 'my' team is.....unbeatable at the moment: MIGHTY:<3: BAYERN.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
There was a German player that was very popular when I was younger, I can't recall the name of the team, but the player's name was Morgan....I used to follow that team about 15 years ago.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
don't like soccer or American football or whatever anybody wants to call it doesn't really concern me. but if I had to pick a soccer team I picked the New Zealand All Blacks only because I like the name

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
don't like soccer or American football or whatever anybody wants to call it doesn't really concern me. but if I had to pick a soccer team I picked the New Zealand All Blacks only because I like the name
I'm not a fan of American football either. I feel like it isn't as respectable of a league as it used to be and that a lot of the players aren't good role models for kids. The game itself is all well and good, but it seems to carry with it a lot of drama these days.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
There was a German player that was very popular when I was younger, I can't recall the name of the team, but the player's name was Morgan....I used to follow that team about 15 years ago.
Sorry don't know who you mean.When was this?