Do you like to talk on the phone?

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Stuart, I'm with you on the social media bit. For me, it's TFO and nothing more. I don't do The Facebook or any of the others. And really I'm surprised that you and I don't phone yack yet. We will. I'll pm you. I just have something of an erratic life right now.

Same here, I'm ashamed of my generation and the social media age that has all these kids thinking they have their own little utopia. My wife has Facebook to keep up with family and friends that we have across the country and I'm perfectly fine with that, the family wants to keep up with our baby girl. We have the only grand baby on both sides and all the grand parents are back in Texas

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Stuart, I'm with you on the social media bit. For me, it's TFO and nothing more. I don't do The Facebook or any of the others. And really I'm surprised that you and I don't phone yack yet. We will. I'll pm you. I just have something of an erratic life right now.

That sounds like a plan to me ;)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Gillian and I know each other and we've had zero issues talking on the phone. Our only difficulty has been the time zone issues and coordinating through those. Even while I was in the recovery hospital healing up from my fun auto wreck, she was there with a phone call to help lighten my mood.
Gillian called you?
I'm feeling totally unloved right now.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian and I know each other and we've had zero issues talking on the phone. Our only difficulty has been the time zone issues and coordinating through those. Even while I was in the recovery hospital healing up from my fun auto wreck, she was there with a phone call to help lighten my mood.
Oh yep, we had nice long chats, right Ken?

As for having called you when you were recovering, well that's the least I could do.

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Galveston, Tx
There are only 2 people that I mind talking to on the phone; my mom and my ex mother in law. Our conversations usually last 30+ minutes. Anyone can just text me because I hate talking on the phone

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
i never thought i would be a TEXTER, but i prefer to text over calling CERTAIN PEOPLE. Some people, i enjoy talking to on the phone, as long as i know i am not bothering them. I love the way texting allows us to get in touch.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
There are only 2 people that I mind talking to on the phone; my mom and my ex mother in law. Our conversations usually last 30+ minutes. Anyone can just text me because I hate talking on the phone
May I ask why you do not like talking on the phone?

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Galveston, Tx
May I ask why you do not like talking on the phone?
Texts are easier for me because I have 3 kids, so I can tend to them between texts and text back whenever I have a free moment. Phone calls take up the majority of my attention and it's hard to fill sippy cups and change diapers on the phone lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I absolutely hate talking on the phone. I was a telephone operator for many years, for the phone company, and wore a headset. Now, even though it's years and years later, it hurts my inner ear to have talking happening so close to my head. About 15 minutes is all I can endure. I'd much rather email (don't have a cell phone).
I'm with Yvonne on this one.
I was also a telephone operator, telesales op, trouble shooter (on the phone) trainer and quality controller (listening in to phone calls). I liked the work but it made me hate telephones themselves.
And like Jacqui I have hearing problems, just one functioning ear.
But I don't like texting or e-mails at all.
This forum is about all i do.

daniellenc

Maryland
Is neither sufficient, lol? I despise talking on the phone but that's probably because I'm on it all day for work. Texting is preferred but I'm also the queen of hearing my text go off, looking at it, and forgetting to respond hehe