Does anyone have a RES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRESTurtle

5 Year Member
I have a Red Eared Slider. Does anyone have one too? Mine is just a few months old. Do you have any tips and what temp. should the water be?

Thanks

Attachments

• image-2408709210.png
    image-2408709210.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 47

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Yup...two here....water here set at 76-78 along with ramp they can climb out of the water and bask under uvb and basking spot....

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Yes, I have several, mine are kept outside in a pond, except for any hatchlings that may appear in the fall, the youngsters are brought inside for their first winter and I try to keep the water temps for them near 80, and feed mostly a variety of pelleted foods and live water plants.

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
For a second, I thought your RES was a pastel one. I love the color.

morloch

5 Year Member
I don't think that's a red ear ,,, looks like a yellow belly too me, just my opinion,

Moofahsa

5 Year Member
RES are horribly over populated where I am. Literally pass a dozen a day for a few weeks each year when they move to lay eggs. If anyone wants a free baby just let me know, I can pick them out of my pond by the dozens. LOL.

LittleRESTurtle

5 Year Member
I live in an apartment so I can't have a pond unless its in the middle of my room and I don't think that will work. I love this little girl she literally begs me to pick her up. And when I put my hand in her tank she climbs up onto it so that I can hold her. I don't even have to help her up. She loves to bask on her rock and she will sit out for hours at a time.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I keep Caramel Pink Albino RES and "regular" albino RES, among other things.

I keep them in a stock tank. I maintain the water temperature at around 80F. I feed a variety of pellets and sticks once or twice a day and I keep smaller cichlids, killifish, endlers, several kinds of snails, and Marmokrebs in with them to provide a variety of live foods.Three times a week or so, I toss them vegetables. They eat up the water plants I try to put in there, which is expected, so I use a kind of enclosed refugium filled with Java Fern to help absorb wastes. I like to keep my ammonia level low, as it can have a negative impact on kidney health.

Status
Not open for further replies.