Does tort has memory? Personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Does tort has memory? Personality?

Chainsawkitten said:
Great topic ;). I have to agree that I think they have personality and memory. Here's a funny little story, and you guys can take it or leave it... We let our babies in our back yard everyday for sunshine and exercise. Of course they go in opposite directions. I watch the female on one side of the yard and my boyfriend is watching the male on the other side of the yard. Of course my boyfriend loses sight of Moe (the male) as he quickly finds a hole under the fence while my boyfriend isn't looking. As my boyfriend is frantically looking for Moe, he peers over the fence and sees a turtle butt scurrying down the alley behind the house. He runs into the alley and stands there and says "Moe where are you going?" At that moment Moe stops turns his head, looks at him, and turns around and crawls back under the fence thru the hole he can out of. Totally busted!!

Lmao! That is SUCH a precious story! :B when he saw the "turtle butt scurrying" had me laughing like a fool. :D I so would've loved to see this! Too cute he turned around & came back... :D like a busted little kid. :)
MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo - Ibera species)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
*misskerrimoo* said:
Chainsawkitten said:
Great topic ;). I have to agree that I think they have personality and memory. Here's a funny little story, and you guys can take it or leave it... We let our babies in our back yard everyday for sunshine and exercise. Of course they go in opposite directions. I watch the female on one side of the yard and my boyfriend is watching the male on the other side of the yard. Of course my boyfriend loses sight of Moe (the male) as he quickly finds a hole under the fence while my boyfriend isn't looking. As my boyfriend is frantically looking for Moe, he peers over the fence and sees a turtle butt scurrying down the alley behind the house. He runs into the alley and stands there and says "Moe where are you going?" At that moment Moe stops turns his head, looks at him, and turns around and crawls back under the fence thru the hole he can out of. Totally busted!!

Lmao! That is SUCH a precious story! :B when he saw the "turtle butt scurrying" had me laughing like a fool. :D I so would've loved to see this! Too cute he turned around & came back... :D like a busted little kid. :)
MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

I love all your beautiful children [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] my kids are getting big and we added another girl ( hopefully ) sully. Fortunately, Moe and Jay don't get out anymore because of the modifications to the yards [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] no more tort butts scurrying down the ally!

Life is good

Wewt

5 Year Member
British Columbia, Canada
Torts have memories, and they can learn.

My schedule is a little strange, so I eat supper at different times of the day. Regardless, I will always toss leftover veggies that I've chopped on the floor in random spots so that my tort can "hunt" them down and eat them. He prefers to find his food rather than being fed- the little weirdo. Anyways, it doesn't matter what time it is that I'm cooking. The second he hears the sound of my knife on the cutting board he will wake up, come into the kitchen from another room, and start patrolling for scraps.

Today he was extra cute, and waddled over from the living room to sit by my feet while I did the dishes. Likes to be with his mama, I guess!

3bdulla

5 Year Member
They do have memories ,,, my cousin had a sully that followed him around, only him not anybody else. I also believe every single organism is different.

Like the saying goes: "no 2 pieces of popcorn are exactly alike"

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Does tort has memory? Personality?

Wewt said:

My schedule is a little strange, so I eat supper at different times of the day. Regardless, I will always toss leftover veggies that I've chopped on the floor in random spots so that my tort can "hunt" them down and eat them. He prefers to find his food rather than being fed- the little weirdo. Anyways, it doesn't matter what time it is that I'm cooking. The second he hears the sound of my knife on the cutting board he will wake up, come into the kitchen from another room, and start patrolling for scraps.

Today he was extra cute, and waddled over from the living room to sit by my feet while I did the dishes. Likes to be with his mama, I guess!

Aww! I cannot wait til Mookie-Boo is big enough to roam about the house some. :) he's just a hatchling right now, so it'll be a while. But I'm excited of things to come! :b

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Chainsawkitten said:
*misskerrimoo* said:
Chainsawkitten said:

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

I love all your beautiful children [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] my kids are getting big and we added another girl ( hopefully ) sully. Fortunately, Moe and Jay don't get out anymore because of the modifications to the yards [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] no more tort butts scurrying down the ally!

Life is good

Aww, thank you. :)

I so would've loved to have seen his busted tail turning around & coming back. Hehehe. Reminds me of my little cousin! She got caught sneaking out of the house w/her boyfriend at 3am... Well, they got caught RETURNING. my aunt heard the screen fall & went to see what was up & she was climbing back in the window. "well, you caught me .. let me go let him in the door..." & went to do it... "nope, yall went out that window & he will crawl back thru it, if he comes back in!" XD bahahaha. Moe reminded me of that! :D

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
*misskerrimoo* said:
Wewt said:

Aww! I cannot wait til Mookie-Boo is big enough to roam about the house some. :) he's just a hatchling right now, so it'll be a while. But I'm excited of things to come! :b

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Chainsawkitten said:
*misskerrimoo* said:
Chainsawkitten said:

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Life is good

Aww, thank you. :)

I so would've loved to have seen his busted tail turning around & coming back. Hehehe. Reminds me of my little cousin! She got caught sneaking out of the house w/her boyfriend at 3am... Well, they got caught RETURNING. my aunt heard the screen fall & went to see what was up & she was climbing back in the window. "well, you caught me .. let me go let him in the door..." & went to do it... "nope, yall went out that window & he will crawl back thru it, if he comes back in!" XD bahahaha. Moe reminded me of that! :D

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

Lol! He's a funny boy! He is devolping into his personality every day 😃 He even vocalizes when you don't pay attention to him. Spoiled tort 🐢🐢

jodiewaite23

5 Year Member
I totally agree that they have memories and most definitely personality. I have a 4 year old Hermanns tortoise and he (which may be a she, I'm in the process of finding out lol) is crazy! I picked him from the pet shop because my friend who worked there at the time told me he was always the one running around eating everyone else's food. Definitely my type of pet! So anyway, I'm at uni so my dad will go in and feed him in the morning for me sometimes and unless he is really hungry, he won't budge very quickly. However, as soon as I come home, say hello and put the telly on he must sense me and within minutes he is running around his enclosure going crazy and trying to get out to see me! He also runs around when I put music on or play my guitar :) such a beautiful baby to have.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.