Donald is Five Years Old

ryan57

Location (City and/or State)
PA
But, but, but... I read on the internet that you could keep them in a 10 gallon tank for the first five years...

Len, my Stump is like one of yours. In this video he definitely has some pyramiding but... in the video I took today he is smooth. Way smoother. Do you think this happens because of fast growth? Yours grow fast and appear smoother but... Stump has an abnormal growth pattern anyway when I compare them. It's not only around the scute and the pattern itself is very wavy and the difference in color is not "normal" from other photos I see.

Since about 6 months old the cycle has been that he will 'spread' out and then fill in and get smooth like he's going to burst and then spread out again. Don't know if it's purely genetics. You and Tom would probably know. More calcium? I don't know. When he's full grown he will be so darn large that any protrusion will be pretty small.

This guy is over 19" and 45lbs. @ 2yrs and 6mo this week. I'm interested in where you think he'll be in 3 yrs or 5 yrs. In the photo below that's an 18" large pizza pan.FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited: