Don't know if this is a Hermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebeccam19

5 Year Member
Hi I'm new to the site but I got a new tortoise yesterday form a colleague I don't know much about her all I know is she is 2 years old tortoise not sure what speices was hoping someone could help shes quite big and very shy. Before I got her she never had much light, attention and care so she's very withdrawn. I have 2 Russian horsfields too called pick and mix. And they are a year old and I got them in feburary from a breeder down England. They are very happy and very social well fed and well cared for from all the family. The 2 year old is called Matilda someone help I don't know what to do to help her?!

Sent from my HTC One X using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1374677468942.jpg
    1374677468942.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 80

rebeccam19

5 Year Member
Thanks very much do you have any tips I can do to get her out to be less shy or anything I can do to aid her?

Sent from my HTC One X using TortForum mobile app

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would keep that new tort quarantined for a bit until you have evaluate the health.

I would set up an individual enclosure for the Matilda. With earth type substrate, uvb lighting and make sure your temps are good...if our other two torts are thriving in their enclosure then simply start by replicating an enclosure for Matilda...

Give her some time to settle in and get use to the good enclosure ...:D By the way, lovely tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.