Dont want to ruin taras enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraTort

5 Year Member
I now have wood chippings but i am going to change that to 50/50 soil and play sand...
If i just put it in the enclosure surely it will rot it? I could stain and lacquer it but then it will be 2 days till she can go in and i dont think i will have anything else to put her in
Do you have any ideas or shall i start looking for somewhere to put her in?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If I'm understanding you correctly, your enclosure is made out of wood? If that's the case, you can just take everything out, line it with a sheet of plastic or a shower curtain, then put everything back in. You can buy plastic film at any do-it-yourself store. They make it to use as a painter's drop cloth, or they sell it in rolls for other uses.

Yvonne

TaraTort

5 Year Member
Thanks thats much easier, :)

Oh, i will use shower curtains or tarp or a peice of plastic if not, but will pond liner be ok to put on the bottom.
Ohh and i forgot yess my enclosure is made out of wood

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yes, pond liner would be fine if that's what you have on hand.

Yvonne

TaraTort

5 Year Member
Yess we have some pond liner spare from our pond in the back garden so we will use that, thanks for all the help you have given me, :)

S

stells

I wouldn't do the 50/50 mix i would do more of a 80% soil to 20% sand mix... with the 50/50 alot of tortoises have had eye irritability.

Status
Not open for further replies.