dragon fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
Can torts eat dragon fruit? It's high in calcium and fiber, but I can't find any info on it being a tort-friendly food.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
YEs ... My sullies love it! .... Everyone grows it around here. Its a very dominte fruit in the Asian culture, and usally folks have at least one plant growing somewhere in their yard, balcony or patio.
Happy Tort~N
JD~ :)
PS .. Just one thing ... it will stain their cute tortie grin, concrete , carpet, or whatever else it gets smashed into . Much like a pomegranite.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DoctorCosmonaut said:
What does dragon fruit look like (to lazy to google)?

Dragon fruit ....the plant itself looks like triangleular " succulant type" with the fruit a pear shape .. green when imature and turns to a deep purple when ripe!

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, CA
Dragon fruit ....the plant itself looks like triangleular " succulant type" with the fruit a pear shape .. green when imature and turns to a deep purple when ripe!
[/quote]

So, can they eat the plant itself? :cool: We have a Dragon Fruit plant that is growing like crazy, but in over 3 years no fruit - actually saw the fruit in the market, to the tune of $10.98/lb!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I never actually feed the plant itself .. just the fruits....

fstyle28

5 Year Member
I feed the white flesh variety with seeds and all. The stars love it.

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Gilchrist Co., Florida
I was wondering....,
If there are Dragon Fruit plants growing where you live, would you be willing to send me a few cuttings from un-related plants?
I have some great tortoise stuff growing here.
I could trade seeds / cuttings / cash, what ever.
Let me know.
Tom McL.

Status
Not open for further replies.